Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
oil leak from down under Forums > > oil leak from down under oil leak from down under
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 02-02-2013, 04:33 PM
2005 Murano
2014 Versa Note
2005 Murano

Default oil leak from down under

I have an engine oil leak underneath my 05 murano. The oil seems to be under pressure as it is sprayed all over the under carriage. When the engine is turned off the oil pools from the oil filter or oil pan area. I had the area spray washed to remove the oil,tightened the oil filter,but still cannot determine where the oil is leaking from. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Enthusiast
2013 Altima

Most likely, it is leaking from the oil cooler o-ring. It is very common. Go to the dealer and get one, they cost between 6 and 7 dollars. Remove the oil filter. Get a ratchet with either a 22 mm socket or a 7/8 socket, either one will work. You'll see where the filter threads on, there are flats for the socket. Remove that bolt and the oil cooler will come off. Just swap the O-ring out, and put the oil cooler bolt back in, and put the filter on. It's s pretty easy job, we charge less than an hour of labor at the dealer. If you have any problems, just ask! Hope this helps!
Old 07-10-2015, 06:15 AM
2006 Murano
2002 Xterra

Default Video DIY for this

Here's my video that covers the oil cooler o-ring oil cooler pipe as well as oil pan replacement.

https://youtu.be/ya09MW5RxB0

Tags
leak, oil