Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
hid Bulb replacement on 2012 model Forums > > hid Bulb replacement on 2012 model hid Bulb replacement on 2012 model
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 02-16-2012, 12:42 PM
2012 Murano
2012 Murano SV

Default hid Bulb replacement on 2012 model

I just bought a 2012 model. I don't like the oem hid headlights which are 4300k I believe. I would like to change for 6000k, much more brighter. The problem is that I don't find anybody to change them. I met with the three dealers of my town and they refused, pretending they are authorized to install original parts only. And small independant garages don't want to touch electricity and electronics in these vehicles. I would like to know how to proceed for the 2012 model. I read for the 2003-2007 models, but mine seems different. Is there any precaution to take to avoid shocks hasard? Is it absolutely necessary to remove bumper%? I hope not. Maybe is it possible to remove them by removing the kind ofprotection carton on the top? If I could get some pictures on certains steps of the procedure, it would be great.

Many thanks

Claude2
Old 04-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Enthusiast
2007 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2 View Post
I just bought a 2012 model. I don't like the oem hid headlights which are 4300k I believe. I would like to change for 6000k, much more brighter. The problem is that I don't find anybody to change them. I met with the three dealers of my town and they refused, pretending they are authorized to install original parts only. And small independant garages don't want to touch electricity and electronics in these vehicles. I would like to know how to proceed for the 2012 model. I read for the 2003-2007 models, but mine seems different. Is there any precaution to take to avoid shocks hasard? Is it absolutely necessary to remove bumper%? I hope not. Maybe is it possible to remove them by removing the kind ofprotection carton on the top? If I could get some pictures on certains steps of the procedure, it would be great.

Many thanks

Claude2
Keep in mind that 4300K is the color temperature not the brightness. Since 4300K is warmer (more yellow) than 6000K, 6000K may 'seem brighter', but if they are the same candlepower, they are, in fact, no brighter.

6000K is actually a really bluish HID light, and 4300K is closer to daylight.

IF they ARE more candlepower, then they take more wattage, which will either cook your existing HID ballasts, or require a different ballast, probably be NOT street-legal and blind other drivers.

Worst case, going to something beyond what nissan designed for could fry your wiring harness, melt the lamp housings, and vaporize old ladies crossing the street (well maybe two out of three). If it aint broke....
Old 04-29-2012, 09:03 AM
2012 Murano
2012 Murano SV

Unfortunately, it's not an answer to my question but a pure negative message.

Tags
2012, bulb, hid, model, replacement