Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Camshaft Position Sensor Connector Forums > > Camshaft Position Sensor Connector Camshaft Position Sensor Connector
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 01-10-2020, 10:54 AM
2003 Murano
2003 Murano

I got the Service Engine Soon light, read a PO345 code for Bank 2 Camshaft Position Sensor so replaced both CPS' and the Crankshaft Position Sensor. I reset the system, but the service Engine Soon light still pops on every time. Any ideas about what the problem might be???
Old 01-10-2020, 11:23 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Did you use genuine Nissan or OE parts, because I've seen problems when people use aftermarket parts. It's best to stick with Nissan, Hitachi, NTK or Denso brand. Did you re-check and confirm that the exact same code is triggering, again? You also may want to double-check your connections; sometimes the connectors won't fully seat or a pin in the connector gets bent.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:54 AM
2003 Murano
2003 Murano

Default Cam Position Sensors / 2003 Murano

Thanks. Yes, I bought Nissan parts from the dealer - just to be sure. ...and it is popping the same code. I will recheck all my connections, though. Thanks for this and any other tips!
Old 02-02-2020, 02:53 AM
2005 Murano
2005 Murano

Default 05 Murano code: P0340

I been getting the SES light coming on and off for about 3 weeks. I took it today and had it diagnosed and it showed the P0340 code Cam Postion Senor was the cause.My SES light will come on when vehicle is started and stay on for 3-4 days. Ill go out next morning and start it up and no SES light and it will stay off for 2-3 days and after I park it for the night I start it next morning and SES light is back on. It also seems to run rougher, engine dies at stoplights sometimes and engine seems to be louder with a kind of a spurting noise when the SES light is on but quiets down and runs smoother when light is off. I'm thinking something other than the sensor might be causing this cause I've always experienced when a sensor goes bad, its bad, no on and off again. If anyone has any suggestions or input it would greatly be appreciated. I've only owned it for 3 months and it has 125k miles. It has the 3.5L all wheel drive.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:59 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Your symptoms are very much consistent with a failing cam position sensor; they don't always just die and keep the engine from starting. It's best to stick with an OE part, such as Nissan, NTK, Denso or Hitachi.

Tags
camshaft, connector, position, sensor