Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Which sensor do i need ? Forums > > Which sensor do i need ? Which sensor do i need ?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 10-24-2011, 06:17 PM
newdude22

Default Which sensor do i need ?

Hey all, thanks in advance for any help or advice. My 04 Mo started stalling knocking and bucking the other day and the SES code was for Crankshaft positioning sensor A bank 1. I searched the best I could but all the info i found had the crank sensor listed as POS and the other sensors were all bank 1, 2 etc. Is it the "POS" or do i actually need a cam sensor or something else all together ? Also, if i replace the bad sensor, do i need to do anything else or is it just "plug and play" ?

Thanks again, my 04 has been falling apart this last year and i would have never been able to afford Nissan fixing it. 3 weeks ago they tried to hit me $1300 for the driver seat fix that I got welded for $26. We deal with the doorlock actuators because thats another $1200, the hatch lock spring is also deal-able. They wanted $380 for the sunvisor so i took it off. The hatch struts also went, but that i considered somewhat ok under normal wear and tear. And I had the loose air intake clamp which killed the mass air flow senser.

I also bought a 350 Z in 04 and i sold it at the one year mark due to it falling apart faster than i could fix it. Im happy the Mo took 6 more years but still, I will not be buying any more nissans. I purpously waited with both cars so that they had time to work out the kinks in 03. The Mo was 3 weeks shy of being an 05 according to the Certificate of final assembly / shipping records.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:38 PM

As far as which sensor you need...... Tell me the code you were given. Was it a P0335 or p0340.....i can help. Also your loose intake boot clamp DIDN'T kill the Mass airflow sensor! reinstall the boot and all would be well. There is a campaign on the intake boots.

Last edited by 50001; 11-02-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:44 PM
newdude22

Hi. Thanks for the reply> it was the 0340 code, but half the internet (and autozone) said front and the other half of the internet said it was the rear. It was definately the rear but i ended up replacing both just so the front one didnt fail next week.

The most useful info EVER was that the connectors were neon green on the driver side of the engine. Once I knew that i saw them from 10 feet away and replaced them both like i said for good measure.

The flow pipe was messed up for a long time. Wifey would complain about the sluggishness and i'd drive it for a while and tell her she was crazy, it went on for months. In the end the sensor went bad. I suspected that it had sucked in so much crap that it clogged or blew. Or it was coincidence, but at the time it seemed suspiciously related.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:45 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Hmmm.....You told your wifey she was crazy and it went on for months?, lol. Hmmmm.

P0340 is Camshaft sensor. But you replaced both so you're good.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:57 AM
2005 Murano

Hi just like NewDUDE22 I'm having problems with:
P0335 Crankshaft position sensor "A"

I have been searching everywhere to find out where is this located on my Nissan Murano. So please if someone knows where this sensor is located please let me know so I can replace it. I will keep searching
Thanks in advance
Old 11-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Should be at the back of the oil pan. Refer part code "23731T" on the part diagram linked below:

23731-AL60C - Nissan Parts Deal
Old 11-23-2015, 10:01 AM
2005 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
Should be at the back of the oil pan. Refer part code "23731T" on the part diagram linked below:

23731-AL60C - Nissan Parts Deal

Hi SMJ999, I looked for it but I did not find the sensor, and the diagram is not to much of a help (don't understand it ).
I was able to find this sensor located right in the middle of the car and in the very front of the car, I could say that looking at it from underneath you will find the radiator first then the sensor, I'm just not sure that, it is the crankshaft sensor. I'm attaching a picture.
So I guess I need a more specific direction to where this sensor is.
Attached Thumbnails
Which sensor do i need ?-sensor-jpg  
Old 11-28-2015, 02:14 PM
2005 Murano
2005 Murano

Default crankshaft position sensor nissan murano 2005

I replaced the crankshaft position sensor Nissan murano 2005 and still get the P0725 code and the car will not crank.
Could anyone help please.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:41 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy View Post
I replaced the crankshaft position sensor Nissan murano 2005 and still get the P0725 code and the car will not crank.
Could anyone help please.
remy: not much to go on. Was the car running when you get the code P0725? Then you replace the crankshaft sensor. Now it won't crank. So just silence when attempting to start or just rapid click? If so, check battery connection and battery could be dead. Did you also get Code P0335.

There's no code P0725 for Murano. Code P0725 is vehicle speed sensor or revolution sensor for other Nissan. Vehicle speed sensor for Murano is P0720. I am away from home base for the holiday for another week.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:02 PM
2005 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernel32 View Post
Hi SMJ999, I looked for it but I did not find the sensor, and the diagram is not to much of a help (don't understand it ).
I was able to find this sensor located right in the middle of the car and in the very front of the car, I could say that looking at it from underneath you will find the radiator first then the sensor, I'm just not sure that, it is the crankshaft sensor. I'm attaching a picture.
So I guess I need a more specific direction to where this sensor is.

So I replaced the sensor shown on the picture of my last post for, P0335 "Crankshaft position sensor "A"" and it worked. I was told that the engine light should turn off by itself, or should I clear the code?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2015, 05:04 AM
2005 Murano
2005 Murano

Default crankshaft position sensor nissan murano 2005 S 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb53 View Post
remy: not much to go on. Was the car running when you get the code P0725? Then you replace the crankshaft sensor. Now it won't crank. So just silence when attempting to start or just rapid click? If so, check battery connection and battery could be dead. Did you also get Code P0335.

There's no code P0725 for Murano. Code P0725 is vehicle speed sensor or revolution sensor for other Nissan. Vehicle speed sensor for Murano is P0720. I am away from home base for the holiday for another week.
Benny, thank you for the reply. The Murano started acting funny where it will stop & I will let it set for a few then it will start it will hesitate some times then it stopped. I thought it was a catalytic converter, but I see on you forum that it is a crank shaft sensor(crankshaft position sensor Nissan Murano 2005 S 3.5L) so I changed all sensors crank and camshaft
but I still don't get any spriks I tested 3 of the 6, the code reader (Actron autoScanner Plus) it read P0725 Engine speed sensor circuit malfunction. at this point I'm very lost not sure what is the next step. Would you please help.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:56 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

1. Verify the crankshaft installation. Be sure the harness connector is tight and fully engaged.
2. There are two camshaft sensors bank 1 and bank 2. Did you replace both.

You tested 3 ignition coils and you're not getting sparks. Do you get sparks on the remaining 3 coils. If so, the coils with no sparks could be dead. Check power supply circuit. Scan ECM for trouble code(s). Also check fuses and relays relating to ignition like fuel pump, ECM, ignition circuit and same for the relays..
Old 01-27-2016, 06:04 PM
2005 Murano
1978 Truck

In my experience a bad crankshaft sensor will throw a speed sensor code also.

Once I changed my crankshaft sensor (3.5v6) 2005 Murano it fixed the problem. I also cleared the codes.

An incorrect crankshaft sensor will be 90degrees off if its not the correct one and the engine will not start at all. A faulty camshaft sensor will let it start, although it turns over much more than it should and will cause it to die at stops and shift poorly, With vdc lights.

MAKE SURE THE SENSORS ARE THE CORRECT TYPE FOR YOUR ENGINE.

I got mine online for about 11.00 each.

Last edited by dadymurano; 01-27-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:26 PM
2005 Murano
2005 Murano

Default help please

Can I please get the Torque specs for a 2007 Murano please

Remy

Tags
sensor