Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2011 USB input: Check Connected Device Forums > > 2011 USB input: Check Connected Device 2011 USB input: Check Connected Device
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 02-16-2011, 05:13 PM
skywire

Default 2011 USB input: Check Connected Device

I am trying to use the USB input on my audio system. I have connected a portable hard drive, a 4 gig thumb drive, and my Sansa MP3 player, all loaded with MP3 files. In every case I get the message "Check connected device."

I connected my wife's iTouch. It did recognize it as an iPod, but the screen was blank and there was no way to navigate or play a song.

How do I use the USB input?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:19 AM
2013 Rogue

skywire;

there is a firmware update @ nissan.com for vehicles with the music box. I found out because some of my songs on my mp3 player would not play. Fortunately for me my fix was easy, erased all the songs from my mp3 and reloaded them. Works like a charm. Good luck.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:12 AM
skywire

I have had some success. I can get my FAT32-formatted thumbdrive to work if I plug it in before starting the car (or putting the key in ACC position). If I plug it in when the system is powered up, it won't work.

I cannot get my 60 gig portable hard drive to work. I suspect that the audio system does not understand the NTFS or exFAT file systems.

I cannon get my Sansa MP3 player to work. I don't know why.

I'm going to try a 32 gig thumbdrive next.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:09 PM

2009 Murano SL

Nissan uses a QNX based operating system. Their version only recognize 2GB flash drives. Anything over that limit and you get errors.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:20 PM
skywire

Interesting. The thumb drive I'm using now is 4 gig.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:11 PM

2009 Murano SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywire View Post
Interesting. The thumb drive I'm using now is 4 gig.
I've seen others say that they have used larger capacity memory cards but the Murano will only read about 2GB.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:17 AM
skywire

Maybe they have fixed something in the '11 because my 4 gig thumbdrive is almost full (about 20 meg short) and it's reading every folder. I have a 32 gig thumbdrive coming in the mail, I'll report back when I load it up and try to connect it.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:14 PM

2009 Murano SL

Quote:
Maybe they have fixed something in the '11 because my 4 gig thumbdrive is almost full (about 20 meg short) and it's reading every folder. I have a 32 gig thumbdrive coming in the mail, I'll report back when I load it up and try to connect it.

I would love to hear that they have upgraded their OS and it now reads higher capacity memory cards. Pleas do report back. Of course my luck would have it that it only applies to USB, the older models like mine have Compact Flash Card.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:11 PM
2013 Rogue

Default USB Input

Quote:
I have had some success. I can get my FAT32-formatted thumbdrive to work if I plug it in before starting the car (or putting the key in ACC position). If I plug it in when the system is powered up, it won't work.

I cannot get my 60 gig portable hard drive to work. I suspect that the audio system does not understand the NTFS or exFAT file systems.

I cannon get my Sansa MP3 player to work. I don't know why.

I'm going to try a 32 gig thumbdrive next.
skywire,
you may want to try deleting your music from your mp3 and reloading it. this has worked great for me. only draw back is that every time I get a new song, I have to repeat the process.
Good Luck...
Old 03-10-2011, 06:10 PM
skywire

Yes, that helped with the 4 gig thumbdrive. The first time I loaded it, only about half of the folders were recognized. I reformatted and reloaded, and it recognized everything.

I loaded up the 32 gig thumbdrive. It didn't recognize everything, but it did recognize 141 folders, probably 13 - 15 gig of music.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:25 PM

2009 Murano SL

Quote:
Yes, that helped with the 4 gig thumbdrive. The first time I loaded it, only about half of the folders were recognized. I reformatted and reloaded, and it recognized everything.

I loaded up the 32 gig thumbdrive. It didn't recognize everything, but it did recognize 141 folders, probably 13 - 15 gig of music.
Good to know. Thanks for the update.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:29 PM
2011 Murano

My 8GB thumb drive with a mix of audio files works great in my 2011 Murano with nav. Just filled the thumb drive by dragging selected music folders from my Mac. But I would LOVE to transfer these folders from the thumb drive to the Music Box. It sure would beat copying 9GB of music CDs! Anyone know if this is possible?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:57 AM
2013 Rogue

Guys;
Kindda silly question, how do you create music folders? My sound system basically only recognizes 255 folders.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:33 AM
2011 Murano

Default Check Connected Device

2011 preowned Murano

After two days of messing around with about 1k songs on a thumb drive, I was able to figure out how to get it to work!

I had to put all the songs in folders. To make it easier on myself, I just created alphabetical folders.

Hope this helps someone else.

Tags
2011, check, connected, device, input, usb