Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Murano AWD issues Forums > > 2005 Murano AWD issues 2005 Murano AWD issues
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 12-17-2010, 09:14 AM
2005 Murano

Default 2005 Murano AWD issues

Hi! I am a newbie to the site from Canada. My 05 Murano's "service engine soon" light came on the other night while drving and the AWD light came on too. I couldn't get it to unlock and it was driving very sluggish like maybe a transmission problem. Stopped, turned off engine and then it was OK but the Servic Engine Soon light remained on. Took into the mechanic and he said it did the same thing to him when he test drove it, but that it was an intermittent problem and that it might be related to the CVT. Might need a new computer module and it would likely cost in the thousands to even figure out what the problem was! Any help out there? Anyone with similiar issues?
Don't want to spend thousands only to NOT have the problem solved!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Without the engine and transmission code it's difficult to help you diagnose the problem. But even if you get the code, before replacing any parts, I suggest getting a second opinion from the dealer. Also, Nissan have extended the warranty for vehicles with CVT transmission, I'm not sure if the warranty extension applies to Canada, but you should check with your local Nissan dealer.

Tags
2005, awd, issues, murano