Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 blower motor problems Forums > > 2006 blower motor problems 2006 blower motor problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 12-03-2009, 07:04 AM
colingill

Default 2006 blower motor problems

The blower motor will some times come on once the engine warms up for a long time. Once on I have all 4 settings work fine and will not shut down. Some times if I restart the Murano the blower will come on.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:21 AM
2011 Murano
2009 Maxima
2004 Nissan Altima

If the system is in "Auto" the blower will not start until the engine warms up. This it to keep cold air from blowing on the passengers during cold weather. However if you turn the blower fan speed control knob the auto light will go out and the blower should start.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:53 AM
colingill

The blower will not come on at all even if I switch it from auto to manual. I am now thinking it is the temperature sensor for the coolant.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 AM
gqeagle

Once I start my Murano up, it takes 5-10mins to have the air come through the vents. I have the settings(manual not auto setting) on max, and nothing comes out. The dealer said its the blower motor or the controls. Does this happen to anyone else? Would be this be under warranty still? Thanks.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:47 AM
colingill

I have the same problem engine has to warm up then the blower works. I replaced the coolant temperature sensor but that was not it. You can perform a self diagnosos. Turn the engine on and within 5 seconds press and hold the off button on the temperature control panel. It will display 2 numbers. The first is 2 the second should be 0 (20) let me know what the second number is.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:28 PM
tmdonahue

Default heater prob

I pressed the off button and the 1st # was a 2 the second was a 5 I have a 2007 murano heater works sometimes after warmed up sometimes not i took out the blower motor it is good some times come on when i have the ignition turned without the car being on.. please help me

Last edited by tmdonahue; 12-12-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:23 AM
gqeagle

I have the same problem, I started my engine pressed the off button, first number was a 2 and about 5 secs later second number was a 5. Does anyone know what that code is about? Thanks!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:25 AM
Craig W

Default Blower motor problem

Same issue. Same code, 25. The dealer verified the problem but does not know what will fix it. Any ideas? My car is out of warranty and I need to save money on the repair.

Last edited by Craig W; 12-28-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:18 PM
tmdonahue

got my car back last friday turned out to be the blower motor relay it a 29 dollar part problem is its hard to find its back underneath the heater itself cost me two hours of labor to find out that what it was if u r good with cars u should be able to find it.. good luck
Old 12-29-2009, 07:49 AM
colingill

Make sure the sun sensor on the dash of the passenger side is exposed to sunlight when you do the test.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Craig W

Fan blower relay worked for me. Thanks to TMDonahue!! It is very easy to change yourself. It took me all of 7 minutes. It is located on the back side of the fuse box.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
gqeagle

The dealership installed a new blower motor couple weeks ago, however, it still doing the same thing. I called the dealer, a technician looked at it again. They ran some tests and nothing was wrong. The technician told me wife, if you put it on Auto, the air will not move through the vents until the engine is warmed up(which I knew) However, I use Manual settings and after 10mins on really cold days, air comes through the vents. Could it be the blower motor relay?
Old 01-19-2010, 04:52 AM
colingill

I replaced the blower motor relay last week and everything is good.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Drazen

Where is the blower motor relay located?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:19 AM
colingill

Back of fuse box

Tags
2006, blower, motor, problems