Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
2018 Altima 2018 Armada 2018 Frontier 2018 GTR 2018 LEAF 2018 Maxima 2018 Murano 2018 NV 2018 Pathfinder 2018 Rogue 2018 Sentra 2018 Titan XD 2018 Versa Note 2018 Versa Sedan 2018 Z
MyNissan Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Tech Challenge Game Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms Cost Estimator More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2009 Nissan Murano LE + IPOD Cable Forums > > 2009 Nissan Murano LE + IPOD Cable 2009 Nissan Murano LE + IPOD Cable
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 10-07-2009, 06:30 PM
doewebmember

Default 2009 Nissan Murano LE + IPOD Cable

The Ipod cable in my LE Murano is bent and was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a replacement online?

Do you think Nissan would cover that as a warranty item even though it's actually my fault for placing my iphone in the compartment causing it to bend.

Is it easy to replace it?

If anyone could assist would be great!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:24 PM
idnc

Just got back from Nissan dealer looking for iPod cable for 2010 Sentra. Parts guy initially had no idea what I was talking about, so had to go to a new car sales guy who walked me over to a new Sentra sitting on the lot. It had the cable (in the center console between front seats where the port labelled "iPod" is located), and after examining it for any part # (which it doesn't have) we then turned to the glove compartment where we found the ziplock bag it came in, and that had the part number. I took the bag back to parts deptarment and the guy looked it up. Special order only and it's $94 and change -- ouch! The part (from the lable on the bag) has some weird name like "aux audio kit" without explicitly saying iPod or even that it is really a cable more than a kit -- and it's not the standard aux cable for the aux input (which the stereo also has and for which you can buy a cable at any Radio Shack) -- it's an iPod-specific cable with one end that plugs into an iPod/iPhone and the other end the plugs into the proprietary Nissan port (which is roughly 1 inch by 1/2 inch). Wish I'd thought to write down the part number as this thing is impossible to search for online -- even on the Nissan web site. All my searches have come up with 3rd party kits for plugging into an older Nissan radio via the satellite radio interface.

Last edited by idnc; 01-08-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:52 AM
ecars2010

Default Part Number for IPOD Cable

Hi,

I sell cars for a living and found myself in a situation where I needed this same iPod cable you are referring to. I encountered the same problem trying to track it down and was passed from one person to another because they didn't want to bother helping me. I even called Nissan consumer affairs and they couldn't help.

Anyway, long story short, the posts on this did help me track it down and I thought I'd return the favor for anyone who needs to find this elusive thing.

Th part number is: 284H2-1BA0B and it is called an Auxillary Audio Harness

Hope it helps someone!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:52 PM
sarkster

Default Thank you!!!!!

Just bought a 2010 used Murano LE and experienced the frustration of trying to find this part. No one knows it exists it seems. What a racket this part is. A proprietary plug only Nissan knows. Thank you so much for this post. I can only hope that the one I just ordered online actually works and it the right thing when I receive it. :)