Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Spark Plug - ECU learning Forums > > Spark Plug - ECU learning Spark Plug - ECU learning
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Murano Nissan Murano Discussion Forum

Old 02-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Enthusiast
2003 Murano

Default Spark Plug - ECU learning

I'm going to attempt to change my Murano spark glugs this weekend. In the process the throttle body needs to be removed. Because it is a "drive by wire" throttle body will I need to perform the following: 1)ECU Reset 2) Acc Pedal Release Position Learning 3)Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning.

The last time I removed the throttle body for cleaning, a CEL popped up......took it to the dealer.....they had to Relearn the idle RPM...and reflash the ECU and upgrade the software.

If I have to go through this again......I might as well have the dealer install the spark plugs. Any one try this?????
Old 02-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

just disconnect the battery and do it. i dont it a few times now and all that was wrong was the sunroof but i just reset it. u know how to relearn so no neeed to go to the dealer. dont u have the vq35 in your car?

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Enthusiast
2003 Murano

Thanks sergey85!!

There's a TSB for 2004 -2005 Muranos that if the battery is not hooked up for over an hour the ECU will need to relearn everything. The car is running fine now and I would hate to screw up the idle rpm and throttle by doing the "on/off" "on/off" relearn ECU thing.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:03 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Taking power away from the ECM for an extended period of time will require you to preform the throttle position/idle air volume learn. Go to the service manual here and find your vehicle. Go to chapter EC and page 64. This will outline just what you will need to do.There will be a period of (re-learning) for the ECM as you drive so just drive your vehicle as you would normally and you will be fine. Many times customers never even know it was done...
Old 02-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Enthusiast
2003 Murano

OK....I got my hands on a Nissan Murano Repair Manual and I read it thoroughly. If any of you guys need the Repair Manual I can e-mail it to you in pdf format and year specific 2003- 2008.

1)In the manual it states that anytime the throttle body Electric Throttle Control Actuator is unplugged you need to perform the "Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning" procedure.

2)If the Throttle Body control actuator is replaced, you need to perform the "Idle Air Volume Learning" procedure and the "Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning".

So that means don't unplug it unless you have too.

Also, I'm not sure that if the battery is disconected these prodecures may also need to be performed.(I need to read the manual some more).I'm also assuming that any other Nissan vehicle equipped with the VQ35DE "drive by wire" throttle body must do this also.

Boy....Nissan makes it so difficult to maintain......
Old 09-13-2009, 06:52 AM
2004 Murano
2004 Murano

I am new to this forum, It is excellent. I am in the process of changing the Alternator of my 2004 murano. It is quite the Process! I could sure use the repair manual. could you please email me a copy? [email protected]. :) thanks.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:14 AM
tack

Hi i new to this forum. i have a nissan murano 2004. can you please email me a copy of repair manual. thanks [email protected]
Old 12-31-2016, 08:35 AM
2005 Murano

Could you email the manual to [email protected]? I have an p1800 code and a 301 miss fire cylinder 1. Thank you greatly for sharing.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlarson69 View Post
Could you email the manual to [email protected]? I have an p1800 code and a 301 miss fire cylinder 1. Thank you greatly for sharing.
You can download the "Engine Control" section free from here: http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase/links/151/

Also, you can find more information about the P1800 and P0301 codes here:

P1800 NISSAN - Variable Intake Air System Control Solenoid Valve Circuit
Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p1800_nissan.html

P0301 NISSAN - Number 1 Cylinder Misfire Detected
Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p0301_nissan.html

Tags
ecu, learning, plug, spark