Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2013 Nissan Altima Windshield Wiper Innovation Forums > > 2013 Nissan Altima Windshield Wiper Innovation 2013 Nissan Altima Windshield Wiper Innovation
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Multimedia Post automotive-related pics or videos you want to share.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Default 2013 Nissan Altima Windshield Wiper Innovation

+ YouTube Video

FRANKLIN, Tenn. - Often it is a feature that is not thought about until it is needed, but windshield wiper function matters to drivers, especially in rainy and cold climates. Nissan took notice with two new changes to the 2013 Nissan Altima.

Nearly 30 states require drivers' car headlights be turned on in rain or heavy fog, and that's part of the motivation behind the new Nissan Altima's enhanced headlight feature. Automatic headlights respond to light conditions outside. If your wipers are on, so are the headlights. They automatically turn on after four wiper cycles.

"So even in cars with automatic headlights, if it's raining during the daytime the headlights don't necessarily come on. In this case, however, after four passes of the wipers the headlights automatically come on. It's a very safe, very convenient feature for the customer," said Vishnu Jayamohan with Nissan Product Planning and Advanced Strategy.

The other innovative wiper feature now available on 2013 Altimas comes in handy in cold climates with ice or snow. It's called "auto-park wipers." When a driver shuts off the car while the wipers are in still motion, the wipers now complete a full cycle first. The wipers will always rest on the bottom of the windshield, keeping them from freezing in place in the middle.

"It's important for our customers, especially in winter climates, to not have their wipers freeze to the windshield. And so that's why the wipers automatically complete a cycle and come back and park themselves at the base of the windshield. It's a very simple feature, but it's one that the new Altima has that a lot of our competitors don't," said Jayamohan.

These two innovative windshield wiper features come on most 2013 Nissan Altimas.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:02 AM
2002 Altima
2002 Altima

The 2013 Altima started production about two weeks ago at the Smyrna, TN plant. Nissan wants to reclaim the title of family sedan for its Altima line up which it lost to Toyota's Camry in 2011. Altima claimed the title for two consecutive years in 2009 and 2010.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:30 PM
2013 Armada
2010 370Z Roadster

Thumbs down hi!

Interesting information. I like your topic. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:53 PM
2002 Altima
2002 Altima

Nice feature, lol. If you are a couch potato type that's fine. For me I'm a hands on type kind of guy. Do I want something to come on automatic?, you betcha. There was one time when it rain for 40 days and 40 nites. You could say it was of biblical proportion and it was. Was my lawn sprinkler system on Auto, heck no, I turned it off.

For my Altima I turned off the Auto headlights and beep sound when you lock your car. However that said, if you live on an apartment building where you need lighting on pathways I would encourage you to keep it on.

So what's up with this Google car. What's the point of having a car when the car can go downtown or where ever without a need for someone to drive. Well, you're busy with your kid's soccer game or whatever and your wife or husband is coming home from a business trip. You can send his/her car to the airport without you having to drive all the way to the airport. Or you no longer have to leave your car at the airport on your next business trip because you can drive your car to the airport and send it home by itself. And when you get back just dial your car up and it will come pick you up all on its own. Wow, how cool is that. This I want more than a windshield wiper that can detect the right amount of precipitation and automatically turn on.

Oh by the way, you dial your car up to pick you up at the airport and it runs thru a Red Light, who gets the ticket. I wasn't driving 'em. Hmmmm, sure is a new legal boundary.