Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
stop/tail warning light Forums > > stop/tail warning light stop/tail warning light
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 12-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

Default stop/tail warning light

so i hhad my spoiler put on and now i have this warning light that comes on whenever i press the brakes. what do i need to do in order to correct this problem?

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate

Last edited by sergey85; 12-10-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:02 PM
2015 Rogue

Did you disconnect the third brake light in the window?
ASE Master Certified.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

well i didnt do it i had the dealer install it, but i do believe thats what he said they did. would that in anyway give me problems or should i fix it. it just lights up everytime i hit the brake everything works(well not the rear deck brake light)
Old 12-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Hey man.By now you should know that if you want it done right do it yourself.... Sounds like the forgot to swap the wires to the new location.Also in some states they require you to remove the brake lite from the rear deck.You might want to check your local laws.Later man....
Old 12-12-2008, 02:38 AM
2015 Rogue

I think they may have hooked up the wiring to the wrong location. They would have to tie in to the third brake light wiring to keep the dash light from coming on.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech22 View Post
Hey man.By now you should know that if you want it done right do it yourself.... Sounds like the forgot to swap the wires to the new location.Also in some states they require you to remove the brake lite from the rear deck.You might want to check your local laws.Later man....
hahaha i know it. well i thought since they are mechanics they would probably have knowledge of doing it right. my main concern was drilling the hole in the trunk and though they could do it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
I think they may have hooked up the wiring to the wrong location. They would have to tie in to the third brake light wiring to keep the dash light from coming on.
yeah that what im thinking, im gonna first try to take it back to them and see what they say first, tell them what i think it is then maybe they can fix it. im not good at electrical stuff. if not i can try to fix myself. one my freinds, who is a mechniac, was saying maybe i could put a resistor im sure he could help me if the dealer doesnt know.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

well i took it to the dealer last friday and he fixed it but wouldnt tell me what he did though.so now the light doesnt flash when i brake YAY

edit: forgot something too, when i had the spoiler intalled, its actually not too bad when cloasing. i though it would just slam real hard but its actually not too bad. i found a write up to install shock to replace the torsion bars(they cost way too much) so i might do that later on but for now i think ill be good

Last edited by sergey85; 12-22-2008 at 03:01 PM.

Tags
light, stop or tail, warning