Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
CHROME ROOF RAILS Forums > > CHROME ROOF RAILS CHROME ROOF RAILS
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 09-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Anonymous

Default CHROME ROOF RAILS

MY 2005 MAXIMA HAS CHROME ROOF RAILS. THEY STARTED TO LOOSE THEIR CHROME. THEY LOOK FADED. THE DEALER SAYS IT IS DUE TO THE CAR WASH. LOOK MORE LIKE WATERSPOTS. WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT? IS THERE ANY BULLETINS TO ADDRESS THIS?
Old 09-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

You should contact another dealer or call Nissan Consumer Affairs.

Last edited by NissanTech; 06-24-2006 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Anonymous

Default Maxima Chrome Rails

I have a '04 Maxima and a '03 Murano. On both, the grill has been replaced 4 times for the chrome pealing or bubbeling. On the Maxima, the dealer just replaced the rails the 5th time. Dont let your dealer kid you, make them order replacements.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Anonymous

Good luck
Old 12-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Anonymous

Woops sorry I messed up the first reply. The rails on my 2004 Maxima have the same faded look and the car has never been through a car wash, your dealer is lying to you. If the car wash was the reason, then the rails moldings on the front and rear windshield would fade too. Try a polish and rubb out the faded look, if not have Nissan replace the rails. I wish you the best of luck trying to get Nissan to do anything these days. Calling Consumer Affairs as suggested will only frustrate you even more if you get the same person I got.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:14 PM
coochiegirl

Angry Nissan consumer affairs

I could not let this go buy, my roof rails are popping up but that is the least of my concerns, this is the worst car I have ever owned. I have handling issues , sun visors falling off 3x, fuel tank moves around, they say that is not a problem. Fuel is not a safety issue. Wow! I get no support from dealer and their consumer affairs dept. is the worst. I had to go to a friend who is Cust Service rep with Toyota to help me out. Very sad. I would love to hear other peoples stories of their dealerships and run in with consumer affairs. I am on mission. I could use some backup.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Enthusiast

2000 Maxima

That's why I was asking to buy a Service Manual so that I can fix the car myself. I've been at the dealerships, and how they try to milk for every little thing. Unfortunately the Service Manuals for my Max and Altima will cost me $420. I called Customer Service, and asked for any kind of discount since, i want to buy a manual for each of my cars. Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do. So i'm stuck (buying pirated stuff on E-bay just doesn't feel right).
Old 06-20-2006, 01:11 PM
coochiegirl

Smile Service manuals

Go to https://www.nissan-techinfo.com and you can buy a online subscription for 1 day, etc. and view manuals online for 24 hrs. and print out info you want.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Enthusiast

2003 Frontier SC 4x4 Crew

It really saddens me to hear about other Nissan owners who are having such major pains and problems with their cars. Every manufacturer will produce a bad car or a "lemon" every now and then. It just happens. There are laws against having a car with excessive problems. If consumer affairs is not handling the issues, contact the Better Business Beureau and also do some online research on the "Lemon Law". Maybe that will help.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Galto2000

Default SHIMMY PROBLEM 6th GEN MAXIMA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by coochiegirl
I could not let this go buy, my roof rails are popping up but that is the least of my concerns, this is the worst car I have ever owned. I have handling issues , sun visors falling off 3x, fuel tank moves around, they say that is not a problem. Fuel is not a safety issue. Wow! I get no support from dealer and their consumer affairs dept. is the worst. I had to go to a friend who is Cust Service rep with Toyota to help me out. Very sad. I would love to hear other peoples stories of their dealerships and run in with consumer affairs. I am on mission. I could use some backup.
I have a 04 Max.

I had my passenger rail also replaced. I went in, and told them that it faded, just like it did with the grille. The grille was replaced a year ago, under warranty. I have extended warranty, as I reminded my technician, and he said they were going to take care of it. I go to the local Borders across the road, and when I come back, they charged me $130. "No it’s not covered by the extended warranty, do you want me to put the old one back on again", was the reply when I complained.

Ach, yeah I got plenty of stories with the dealership, but dealerships will be dealerships, so that is never going to change. However I am deeply disappointed with Nissan's customer affairs people.

I have been suffering from Shimmy almost from the beginning I had this car. The dealership(s) have come up with all kinds of excuses (need to replace my tires, all my 4 wheels are bent, its road feel, etc.).

I have been spending lots of time, effort and money on trying to solve this shimmy issue, but after having done research and commiserating with other 6th generation maxima owners, we all had similar issues with dealerships and Nissan Customer Affairs, and this shimmy issue is a real problem.

Anyhow, some folks on www.MAXIMA.ORG (look for "Teh Shimmy Thread" - yeah, including the typo ) are now planning a class action suit again NISSAN. Some people like me didn't catch on the shimmy problem until we had too many miles in order to consider the LEMON LAW as a way to get out of our MAXIMA's.

Yeah, NISSAN is loosing their act, and like you I have been rather disapointed with the finesse of the 6th Generation Maxima - perhaps it has something to do with these cars being built domestically.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:31 AM

2005 Maxima SE

Yeah, the build quality really took a dive when they started slapping them together in TN. My '99 was so much more well built than my '05 is.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:11 AM
2010 Maxima
2007 Frontier Crew Cab
2005 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by azideam View Post
Yeah, the build quality really took a dive when they started slapping them together in TN. My '99 was so much more well built than my '05 is.
Interesting. I've owned a '96, an '00, and now an '05. The '05 has been by far the most trouble free of any of them.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:32 AM

2005 Maxima SE

Just to clarify, my '05 has been reliable as well so far, but the fit and finish are not up to par with the '99 which was still built in Japan, not here in TN.

My roof rails have oxidized again after ~ 2 years being replaced by the dealer. I have the extended Nissan warranty, so I should be able to have them replaced again. Just a $50 deductable to pay.

Tags
chrome, rails, roof