Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 Maxima "whining" noise Forums > > 2005 Maxima "whining" noise 2005 Maxima "whining" noise
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 07-27-2008, 09:06 AM
monstemonst

Default 2005 Maxima "whining" noise

Recently my 2005 Maxima started to make "whining" noises when I shift from park to reverse to drive. Even while driving, I hear a faint "whining" noise, as if there is some part that wants to engage, but can't. When I put the car in park and turn it off, I hear the same thing after I cut the ignition. When I pop the hood, I can really hear it. Anyone have the same issue and had a diagnosis from the dealership? Hope this is not the transmission,as my warranty just expired.

If I brought the car in for this while it had the same problem (during the warranty period), but the dealership could not diagnos it, but now the tranny is failing, could I still get a new tranny under warranty even if the warranty period elapsed?

Thanks y'all.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

you can get extended warranty on the car. it might be an alternator or the belt or the pulley. u had problems with tranny before and know its the tranny ?? do u get any other symptoms while driving compared to how it was driving before? how many miles u got on the maxima??

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 07-27-2008, 01:44 PM
monstemonst

Thanks for your reply. No, never any tranny problems before, just speculating since the noise only appears when the gears are shifted from P, R, Drive. Sounds like some mechanical noise. While I am driving I can hear it slightly if I stick my head out the window.

Tags
2005, maxima, noise, whining