Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Windows going down by themselves Forums > > Windows going down by themselves Windows going down by themselves
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 03-02-2008, 07:39 AM
dooley.shawn

Unhappy Windows going down by themselves

On a 2002 Maxima the front windows go down by themselves after I turn the car off. Also, holding the key fob unlock button or inserting the key into the unlock position and holding it no longer rolls the windows down. The remote does still lock and unlock the doors and open the trunk as usual. The window switches operate as usual when the car is running but here is the problem...When I turn the car off and remove the keys, the front windows go down after 45 seconds or as soon as either one of the front doors are opened. I live in the northeast (cold and snow) and I need to figure out what it could be. I have greased the key lock, warmed up the door and unplugged the battery to try to reset the computer and at this point I have just taken the window fuse out. Unfortunately, now I have no power windows, power locks, or power seat.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Unfortunately I never had that problem before and some test needs to be done for and accurate diagnosis. My best guess, since the problem is both windows, is that the Smart Entrance Control Unit is not working properly or is receiving an incorrect signal from one of switches. You can read more about the power window in the "Electrical System" section of the service manual. You can download the section free from here: http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase/links/93

Power Window start in page 247
Old 03-02-2008, 04:31 PM
dooley.shawn

Default Thanks for the input

I will take a look at it. Thank you. When I fix it I will send a thread...maybe identify the cause.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:45 PM
2015 Rogue

Check the key cylinder switches in both front doors. I have seen water get into them and cause this problem. Most of the time it is in the driver's door. Pull the door panel off and check for green corrosion in the connectors.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Villano

I have a couple questions for you. When you turn off the car are you exiting the car or opening the door? Are you locking the door by the door lock switch or the key fob? The reason I ask is it could be the harness in the door grounding out or the connectors at the harness in the door jam. The windows are controlled by the door lock and unlock wire a .5 second ground to the unlock wire will roll the windows down. It could be from moisture in the door lock switch or a short in the wires in the door or as stated previously door cylinder. I would first try unplugging the door lock buttons and see if it happens again, than check the harness at the door jam, than work your way into the door. Also, this may help until you resolve the problem. I know on my 07 Max you can set the doors to auto lock/auto unlock after ignition turn off. Turn the feature off until you resolve the problem may help.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 AM
dooley.shawn

It turned out to be a sticking cylinder. I never use the key to unlock the car. Once I defrosted it, and manually locked it, I just went back to using keyless....all the time.
Old 02-16-2016, 07:15 AM
2011 Maxima

Default Windows going down by itself

Help! This morning my neighbor knocked on the door to inform me that both of the front windows were half way down during a rain storm. I rain to find my 2011 Nissan Maxim soaked. I know I did not put the window down and was confused on how this could happen? I immediately went to the Nissan Help to find that this is a common problem. People all around have experienced this. I believe this car has experienced this problem more than once. When I purchased it, I complained about a mildew odor and they quickly addressed it by shampooing the car. It seems the problem was the window went down and the rain got in!

How do I fix this problem?????? I am about to get rid of this vehicle if it cannot be fixed! Help!!!!!!!!:

Tags
windows