Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
EGR Pipe Forums > > EGR Pipe EGR Pipe
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 10-10-2007, 09:33 PM
jjmcjames

Default EGR Pipe

Can someone tell me where the EGR pipe for a 2000 Maxima SE is located, or supply a drawing? I am going to replace all 6 coils this weekend and I have been told that the pipe being clogged up will cause many problems. The EGR valve has already been replaced. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Ithinkican

It is located at the bottom side of the upper intake, kind of behind the throttle chamber. It will be two 10mm head bolts going down from the top of the intake also behind the throttle chamber to a plate that keeps the upper part of the tube in place. On the lower end, you'll prolly have to move the big nut from the egr to exhaust manifold tube to get to the two 12mm head nuts on the egr valve. Then unscrew the egr temp sensor from the tube to get it out. Personally, I think this job is kind of a pain but it can be done. As a note, watch out for the oring between the upper intake and the egr plate. If it is not in correct when you reinstall the tube the car will run like crap because of a major vacuum leak there. Also, keep an eye on the gasket between the egr valve and the lower end of the tube.

I can do this better than I can describe the procedure, but I hope this helps

Good luck!!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:14 PM
jjmcjames

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. I replaced the EGR valve a few weeks ago-what is the big tube with the nut that attaches to the backside of the EGR valve for?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Ithinkican

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmcjames View Post
Thanks for the info. I replaced the EGR valve a few weeks ago-what is the big tube with the nut that attaches to the backside of the EGR valve for?

It supplies exhaust gases from the exhaust manifold to the egr valve. (kind of like a faucet) Then when the egr valve is under command to open the gases pass through and on to the smaller tube that is going up to the intake.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Excellent explanation Ithinkican!!

You can read more about the EGR here: Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) - WikiAutoRepair.com
Old 10-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Ithinkican

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
Excellent explanation Ithinkican!!

You can read more about the EGR here: Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) - WikiAutoRepair.com

Thanks a lot!! I am a new member, and I wanted to hang out here from time to time to learn more, communicate with other Nissan techs and hopefully help other members out when I can.

Tags
egr, pipe