Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
01 Max SSE - Service Engine, SLIP & TCS Lights On Forums > > 01 Max SSE - Service Engine, SLIP & TCS Lights On 01 Max SSE - Service Engine, SLIP & TCS Lights On
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 09-14-2007, 05:32 AM

2001 Maxima SSE

Default 01 Max SSE - Service Engine, SLIP & TCS Lights On

I had the brake pads replaced on my 01 Max SSE (43k miles). I live 3 blocks from the shop. Drove the car home, went to drive it again and these lights were on. The car barely ran. Took it back to the shop, they replaced the air flow meter. No longer any lights on, but the car felt like the brakes were slighly engaged while driving. 4 days later (with maybe 20 additional miles on the car), went to start the car and it stalled immediately - and the same 3 lights are on.

Any ideas?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
2015 Rogue

You don't get a slip and tcs light because of an airflow meter problem. It could be a bad coil causing the lights to come on and the stalling.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:24 AM

2001 Maxima SSE

The dealer insists that it is the air flow sensor (which was replaced one week ago). They said because it was a remanufactured part, it may be bad. The error code is P0100. They won't do anything except for replacing the AFS again. Any further ideas with the error code?
Old 09-15-2007, 08:14 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgym View Post
The dealer insists that it is the air flow sensor (which was replaced one week ago). They said because it was a remanufactured part, it may be bad. The error code is P0100. They won't do anything except for replacing the AFS again. Any further ideas with the error code?
The p0100 is an airflow meter problem. I am very surprised that the dealer would have installed a remanufactured airflow meter. It sounds like you have more than 1 problem. You should have them check for codes in the abs system also. Also ask them for the printout with the codes on it. I am thinking there are more codes that they aren't telling you about.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Have you tried to get a second opinion from another dealer or you local mechanic?

I think that the dealer created a second problem by replacing the AFM.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:28 AM
lmf

I had the same problem, it is a sensor. I believe it is located in the back of the car by the back brakes, forget which side. mechanic never touched the air flow meter. The part was very pricey and could only be purchased from the dealer

Last edited by lmf; 09-15-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:36 AM

2001 Maxima SSE

It was the local mechanic that originally changed the AFM. I took it (actually towed, it stalls whenever it is given gas) to the dealer when the problem started again. The dealer has been very uncooperative and basically refused to check anything other than the wire harness (which they said is ok). So they changed the AFM and drove the car for 20 miles. Supposedly all is ok. I highly expect the same problem to start in a few days. I've asked them to check the ABS codes this morning, which I'm sure isn't making them happy.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:16 AM
2001 Maxima
2001 Maxima

Yes I now have same problem. I had tires, rear struts, and rear brakes replaced (and a stuck caliper and rotor). (They threw in a free oil change and then accidentally changed my serpentine belt too, long story. LOL) After about a week, my Service Engine, SLIP, and tsc lights all came on together while driving. They come on after driving a few miles. Today the SLIP and tsc lights went off but Service Engine stayed on. I hate these problems. At least no stalls yet...
Old 04-07-2012, 05:42 PM
2001 Maxima
2001 Maxima

Default Tcs off slip check ingine light

I have this problem and my nissan maxima I have the tcs slip check ingine light on I donr know how to fix this problem my mechanic told me tha tcs ligh has to be something wrong with the transmission, someone can tell me what it is....
Old 09-17-2012, 04:37 PM
2005 Maxima

I had this issue, and the problem was a crank sensor, a crank shaft sensor, and a third sensor. I'll have to check the receipt...grand total $616.00