Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back Forums > > 2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back 2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 08-30-2007, 07:25 AM
Rodrigueira

Unhappy 2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back

I already bought the motor kit to replace it myself but the seat is all the way to the back and I don't have enough clearance for the 2 rear 14mm bolts. The bulletin says to tap on the motor for it to work. Tried that but had no luck. How can I release those bolts with the seat on top of it?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:05 PM
2015 Rogue

Small hands and a wrench. Did you tap on the correct motor. It is the one right at the front of the seat. Use a hammer and hold the switch it usually works.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:47 AM
Rodrigueira

Thank you for the advice. I believe I did hit the right motor. Is the one at the left front of the seat. I guess I tapped it too lightly. I will try a hammer this time. I have new motor anyways. Thank you again for your time.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:22 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

I pulled this from your Service Manual Section BT - Body and Trim...might be useful.
Attached Thumbnails
2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-pages-bt_page_1-gif   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-pages-bt_page_2-gif  

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 08-31-2007, 06:39 AM
Rodrigueira

Wow, this will be of a great help! Because if I can not make the seat to move I can at least try to remove the side trim in order to get access to the rear bolt. Thank you!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:14 AM
Rodrigueira

Folks, I found a wire underneath the seat that is diconnected and I can not find anywhere to plug it. Don't know if this is the reason for the problem or if it would only be used if there was an optional side air bag or a memory or the heater to the seat.

I took a few pics from underneath the seat but I don't know "if I can" how to attach it so that you guys would take a glimpse at it...
Thanks

Last edited by Rodrigueira; 08-31-2007 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigueira View Post
Folks, I found a wire underneath the seat that is diconnected and I can not find anywhere to plug it. Don't know if this is the reason for the problem or if it would only be used if there was an optional side air bag or a memory or the heater to the seat.

I took a few pics from underneath the seat but I don't know "if I can" how to attach it so that you guys would take a glimpse at it...
Thanks

To ATTACH - Reply via the QUOTE Option and then select the little PaperClip and browse over to your pictures.

Here is the Front Seat Wiring Diagram - Section EL - Electrical System...
Attached Thumbnails
2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-pages-el_page_1-gif   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-pages-el_page_2-gif   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-pages-el_page_3-gif   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-pages-el_page_4-gif   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-pages-el_page_5-gif  

Last edited by vpnavy; 08-31-2007 at 07:29 AM. Reason: How to attach...
Old 08-31-2007, 07:48 AM
Rodrigueira

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpnavy View Post
To ATTACH - Reply via the QUOTE Option and then select the little PaperClip and browse over to your pictures.

Here is the Front Seat Wiring Diagram - Section EL - Electrical System...
Thank you for the Diagram. Unfortunatelly I don't know how to read it. I am attaching the pics now just like you said. Let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-hpim0499-jpg   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-hpim0500-jpg   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-hpim0501-jpg   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-hpim0503-jpg   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-hpim0504-jpg   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-hpim0505-jpg   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-hpim0507-jpg   2000 maxima power seat stuck all the way to the back-hpim0508-jpg  

Old 11-07-2008, 03:23 PM
jrod258

Default 2000 Maxima driver and passenger seat stuck all the way back

How can I get the motor kit for my seats.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:38 AM
bostickg

Question

Im having the same problem with my passenger front seat. What did you come up with being the problem? Was it the motor or the connection? Also, where did you get the motor kit from?
Old 11-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Dragos Untaru

Default Seat wiring diagram

Hi,could somebody help me with the driver seat wiring diagram for a nissan pathfinder 2005? or the driver seat wiring diagram for a nissan 350Z 2003?thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 06:47 AM
sored

Where underneath the driver seat is the connection for the forward & back motor. My wife cleaning underneath the seat disconneted the plug & I can not find it, thanks. 2000 Maxima
Old 02-25-2011, 11:41 AM
dny808

Default Maxima Power Seat Stuck / Won't Work

My front passenger seat was stuck all the way back, but would tilt. I didn't hear anything when playing w/ the front/back switch. But thanks for people's tip about tapping on the motor, it totally worked. I thought my motor was broken and needed replacement.
The motor is at the very front corner, towards the door. I just tapped lightly w/ a screwdriver and it worked like a charm. Thanks again forum members!
Mahalo!
dny808
Old 06-05-2011, 08:58 AM
2xNissanOwner

Default It does really work

I was skeptical of a "tap with a screwdriver" fix for this, but in my 2000 Maxima, the same problem was happening, and the second I tapped that little electric motor, the seat was as good as new again. It only seems to "stall" when the seat is put all the way back. Thank you all for the insight!
Old 06-16-2016, 08:48 AM
Enthusiast
2001 Maxima
2005 Sentra

My driver seat is stuck all the way back as well. Can't get to the outside rear bolt - it's too tight for a crows foot.

Is there a way to manually turn the drive screw to move the seat forward? Otherwise, I cannot figure out how to get the last bolt out. Just not enough room.

Tags
2000, back, maxima, power, seat, stuck