Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
evap very small leak p1456 Forums > > evap very small leak p1456 evap very small leak p1456
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 12-02-2020, 08:16 PM
2003 Maxima

Default evap very small leak p1456

greetings, I did some searches but found alot of the same stuff about changing gas cap.

2003 maxima with 120,000 km. car is in great shape.. however after adding liqui moly valve clean to the gas tank and driving it 1km before filling the tank, I got an engine light and code p1456 on the highway about 30km after filling up. I'm assuming its related to this dumb move of adding the valve clean to barely any fuel and driving it a short distance. I've replaced the gas cap with oem (original looked mint) , the filler neck is pristine,no rust or anything. so I got the evap system smoked and saw no smoke escaping anywhere. however, the tank was full when smoke test was done so I'm sure that's also why it was hard to see any smoke. I had a 99 maxima and i smoke tested it on an empty tank and i vividly remember the canister vent valve smoking even when it was closed. so before going to get another smoke test anybody have any ideas? all the lines look great underneath too. I was thinking about just buying a new vent valve and solenoid.. anyway thx for the help in advance, cheers

Tags
evap, leak, p1456, small