Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Need Help Forums > > Need Help Need Help
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 10-21-2018, 12:33 PM
2003 Maxima
2003 Nissan Maxima GLE/

Unhappy Need Help

I have a 2003 Nissan Maxima GLE/SE I had a battery replaced and it was roadside AAA and the kid went to take the battery off and the security alarm went off and so he disconnected something and the second alarm went off and he then went to the passenger side of the engine and removed something and I now have no clock no flashing light (security) and it dies and has no voltage. It failed emissions and I need my car. Every place I have taken it to says that they don't work on Nissan because Nissan does not give codes. Any clue on what I can do would be super great. I took it to the place where the AAA folks came from and the guy there said he had no idea what the codes mean. I am taking it to Firestone on Monday and I will see what they say as well. Once that is done I may be able to tell you more.

Last edited by Sandyand801; 10-27-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Well, the GLE and SE are two different trims; there is no such thing as a GLE/SE. Repair shops tell you Nissan doesn't give codes but AAA got codes and doesn't know what they mean. The roadside AAA disconnected and removed stuff but we don't know what and you failed emissions but you don't tell us what it failed for. That doesn't really provide much information for someone on a forum level to go by to help you out. I'm assuming the part he took out was either a fuse, fusible link or a relay, so I would be looking for any of those that might be missing and replace it. I'm assuming (since you mentioned "second alarm") that it has an aftermarket alarm system, which can sometimes complicate things. I don't recommend them, personally, because they often create more problems than they're worth. Usually when installing a battery on vehicles with those alarm systems, the key needs to be in the "on" position to keep the alarm from going off. On some, the key needs to be cycled in the driver's door lock cylinder to turn it off after the battery has been installed. Moving on, what codes did the AAA folks get that they can't figure out what they mean? Post them and I may be able to help you out...or, do a Google search. As far as your emissions testing, what failed? Also, if the vehicle dies and has no voltage, is it possible that the charging system is faulty? Maybe you need a new alternator? The charging system should be 13.2-15.5 volts at idle and at 3000 RPM, with and without loads on.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:22 PM
2003 Maxima
2003 Nissan Maxima GLE/

Sadly, I was wrong on the GLE/SE it is a GLE and the reason that was given for the failure on emissions was "no voltage to computer" so I don't know what it is. I just simply know that 3 of the places I have taken it to show that there is no fuse out, the alternator is fine and yet I have no clock, no flashing light when I lock the doors. The places that I have taken it to say something needs to be reset but from what "normal" things checked they tell me there is nothing wrong. So, without taking it Nissan itself because they do not have codes to reset the alarm or clock. As for the alarm I do not know if there was a second installed (I was given this car and I have NO history on it whatsoever). I just know that a year ago when it was given to me I did not have to do emissions and it worked great til the battery was changed after sitting for a summer. And the battery that was in it was over 3 years old and in the sun and heat of Arizona a battery does not last very long. I am sorry I can not offer you anymore info.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:26 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

There is no "reset" for the clock. Easiest thing to do would be to diagnose the clock by checking the circuits and it should lead to where the loss of power or ground is at and, hopefully, it would be the cause of the other malfunctions. The clock usually runs off a 7.5A"extended power" fuse in the fuse box under the dash. I know this because Nissan would ship the vehicle with this fuse not installed to prevent the battery from being drained during shipping and storage at the port before it arrived at the dealer. It would get installed during the dealer's pre-delivery inspection. So, I would find the fuse and make sure there is power going through it. If it is, then trace the open circuit between that and the clock. If not, figure out why it's not getting power (often a blown fusible link) if the fuse is good.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:04 PM
2003 Maxima
2003 Nissan Maxima GLE/

It was PO345 the code that needed to be reset. they needed to replace a couple of fuses and sensors. I thank you for your help with what was wrong. It helped me to be able to go into the store and get it fixed without being scammed. So I thank you.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:34 PM
2007 Quest

Default hey.....how the heck do I post a problem on this thread?

I am new here....can't seem to figure out how to post a problem to this board.....how do I go about doing this? [email protected]
Old 11-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpohba View Post
I am new here....can't seem to figure out how to post a problem to this board.....how do I go about doing this? [email protected]

Click on the appropriate group you need and then click on the "new thread" tab at the top of the page.