Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2001 Nissan Maxima ECM Forums > > 2001 Nissan Maxima ECM 2001 Nissan Maxima ECM
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 09-07-2018, 04:13 AM
2001 Maxima

Default 2001 Nissan Maxima ECM

I have a 2001 Maxima that has an ECM issue. Has anyone else bought a refurbished ECM for their Nissan and did it have any issues? I was told it is best to get a brand new ECM with an Idle Control Valve also, but that runs to over a $1,000 and I can't see spending that kind of money if a refurbished one will do the job. Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

I've heard from some people that had gotten their ECM repaired at Circuit Board Medics after they had the ECM shorted by the IACV and they had good results.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:03 AM
2015 Rogue

Make sure you either disconnect or replace the electronic motor mounts before you install the repaired ecm. The motor mount failure is what causes the damage to the ecm and Iacv.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:26 AM
2001 Maxima

I had my ECM repaired and the vehicle now starts better than before but I am now getting the P0100 code (Mass Airflow Sensor) on the vehicle after I "learned" the Idle Control Valve. Is this a common occurrence, or did I mess up the learn process, or is this another sensor that usually needs to be replaced after fixing an ECM? Any information is appreciated, thank you.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:14 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Was the MAS disconnected during the repairs while the key was "ON?" If so, erase the code and see if it returns. Usually if you mess up the idle air volume relearn, you will get a P0505 code, not a P0100 code. There was a TSB for this code on this model year Maxima. The bulletin stated that the code "MAY" also include loss of power, stalling and surging (but not necessarily). The repair included a new style mass air flow sensor, installing a genuine Nissan air filter and a new ECM software program designed for the new style MAS. You can access a copy of bulletin NTB01-036a here:

https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/loca...p=10&keyid=467

Also, make sure there are no unmetered air leaks between the MAS and the throttle body (split air ducts or loose clamps on the air intake, for example) or leaking vacuum hoses. If that looks good, you may want to contact the ECM rebuilder. Perhaps another part of the board got damaged? They may want you to send it back so they can re-check it.

Tags
ecm, maxima, nissan