Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2002 security light and no start Forums > > 2002 security light and no start 2002 security light and no start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 05-08-2018, 08:05 PM
2002 Maxima
2002 MAXIMA

Angry 2002 security light and no start

So I pulled my 02 into the shop to change the oil it started then shut down 2 times and now it cranks over and security light is solid I only have one key I was thinking that the key was bad ...why out of the blue it would go bad but hey you never know. With no other key to try I call a company in to cut and program me a new key the gentleman came to the shop and was with it a good 45 min trying to get the new key to program to the car and he said that it wouldn't communicate to program the key then told me that I may have a bad bcm if my mind serves me correctly there isn't a bcm on my 02 max but so I'm lost as to what it may be and advice would be greatly appreciated I'm a mechanic just not really good with this kind of thing..so go easy on me...lol
Old 12-25-2018, 08:52 PM
2002 Maxima
2002 Maxima

Hi I had the exact same thing happen to me I got 2002 maxima se everybody said it's the key, NO it was not it was the ecm cost $1500.00 at the dealership. Security light stays solid when cranking. No start It was not the key it was the ECM.

Tags
2002, light, security, start