Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2016 Glove Box Removal Forums > > 2016 Glove Box Removal 2016 Glove Box Removal
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 03-13-2018, 06:42 AM
2016 Maxima

Default 2016 Glove Box Removal

I have leaves in my blower - annoying! I need to get to the fan and have not been able to find any information as to how to remove the glove box. All posts online are for older models that are much easier to unscrew and drop out. Can anyone help with instructions as to how to drop the glove box/door out of the way to reach the fan on the 2016 or newer maxima.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

I don't have a 2016 Maxima her to take picture, but here is the information from the factory service manual. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

2016 Glove Box Removal-capture-png
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Glove Box Removal-capture-png  
Old 03-13-2018, 07:06 PM
2016 Maxima

Thank you so much for posting printed instructions - However this is what I keep finding - they are just not correct. They are assuming the glove box is similar to pre- 2016 maximas and they are not. When you take the piece off on the far right side that faces the door..(which the instructions don't show you take off.) You find a screw inserted from the behind going forward holding the "dash-facia: to the car. If you were just to pull the box unit out you will break a lot of stuff. It also shows you 3 extremely snug clips that hold the box on. I was able to use a right angle phillips screw driver and get the screw out from behind. But the unit is far too tight to even try to begin to pull it out. Looking for Nissan to step up and post correct instructions. What I need to get at is the blower fan.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:01 AM
2016 Maxima

Solution! - Here's the missing information on removing the glove box from an 8th generation Maxima. The spec/instruction sheet (posted above on this thread) provided by Nissan is incorrect in the depiction of the graphics. They also lack detailed instruction.
You do remove the 8 screws. However the front fascia of the dash does not drop out. It's only the black inside box that comes out. Looking for tabs on the far left of the fascia near the center consul is INCORRECT. After removing the 8 screws what you need to do is try to pull the black box out on the right side between the left fascia and the box. Maybe using something to help pry it forward. Then you can work the tabs on the left side out. From there it's easy access to the fan motor - 3 screws and you can clean it out.

Last edited by Rhultgren1; 03-15-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhultgren1 View Post
Solution! - Here's the missing information on removing the glove box from an 8th generation Maxima. The spec/instruction sheet (posted above on this thread) provided by Nissan is incorrect in the depiction of the graphics. They also lack detailed instruction.
You do remove the 8 screws. However the front fascia of the dash does not drop out. It's only the black inside box that comes out. Looking for tabs on the far left of the fascia near the center consul is INCORRECT. After removing the 8 screws what you need to do is try to pull the black box out on the right side between the left fascia and the box. Maybe using something to help pry it forward.Then you can work the tabs on the left side out. From there it's easy access to the fan motor - 3 screws and yo can clean it out.
Thank you!! I got the information from the factory service manual, but it's probably outdated.

Do you happen to have a picture ?
Old 03-15-2018, 08:28 AM
2016 Maxima

Default Glove Box Removal

I tried to adapt the Nissan Spec graphic and show the correct placement of the tabs.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Glove Box Removal-glove_box-jpg  

Last edited by Rhultgren1; 03-15-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Tags
box, glove, removal