Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Maxima - No acceleration Forums > > 2007 Maxima - No acceleration 2007 Maxima - No acceleration
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 02-02-2018, 09:50 AM
2007 Maxima
2012 Murano

Default 2007 Maxima - No acceleration

Having some issue with my Maxima. Around this time last year, my maxima was experiencing loss of acceleration once I go pass 30mph. Basically all the car does when I press the gas paddle and nothing would happen. There are no dashboard lights to tell me something is not working or needed to be checked. After some research, it was deducted to the ABS sensors since the car drives fine if I disconnect any of the rear wheel sensors. I ended up fixing the issue by changing both rear sensors, and the passenger wheel hub.

Unfortunately, after 3-4 months after the fix, the car is exhibiting the same issue again. I thought it might be the rear hub on the driver side has gone bad since I've change that side yet. But after installing a new rear wheel hub, the same problem still persist.

Any suggestion on what I should do next? front sensors? front wheel hubs? or is it something else entirely?

I'm currently driving the car with one of the rear sensors unplug. So the ABS and Anti Traction warning lights are showing on my dashboard. I needed to keep one of the rear sensor connected for the speedometer to work, but other than that the cars drives fine.

Any suggestions is welcome. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Enthusiast
1995 Maxima

1. did you test the sensor, using ohmmeter? make sure you have the correct range of ohms for your vehicle's sensor. (in the video: 1.5 to 1.7 Kohms- yours could be different) if out range suspect the sensor is defective.
if reading is too high (infinite) suspect bad sensor or intermittent/broken wire or connector. try to test the known to be good sensor for comparison.
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...-b-1#kpvalbx=1

2. test for the integrity of the wires, there could be a break or loose connector. sorry i'm not familiar with the configuration of your system. if there's a connector near the sensor, unplug the sensor, put a short (use a jumper), use your ohmmeter near the control module, there should be a low ohm reading if no break, slightly higher reading for the rear than the front (longer wires) & depending on the accuracy of the ohmmeter. good luck & post whatever you might have done to correct the problem
Old 06-16-2018, 08:01 AM
2015 Rogue

Remove the white plastic cover behind both rear wheel bearings. Cut the top portion so it looks like a U and reinstall them.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:07 AM
2007 Maxima
2012 Murano

@OilCanObserver - I tried to use the omh meter to test, but based on what I read online, my sensor can't be test that way and require some special tool to perform the test.
However I was able to get a hand on a Launch Code scanner and did confirm that the Rear Right sensor was not registering. However, after replacing that sensor with a new one, all the dashboard lights does away, but my acceleration issues persisted. On top of that, if I break at low speed (20-25mph) I feel my ABS is activating. Some research online is saying that it might be then ABS Actuator? any idea how to test that?

@Mpe235 - what does cutting the top portion of the U shape in the plastic cover do? how would it help with the issue?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2019, 12:50 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Refer Nissan technical service bulletin # NTB07-016b:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/ba...NTB07-016b.pdf
Old 05-19-2019, 04:27 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhao View Post
@OilCanObserver - I tried to use the omh meter to test, but based on what I read online, my sensor can't be test that way and require some special tool to perform the test.
However I was able to get a hand on a Launch Code scanner and did confirm that the Rear Right sensor was not registering. However, after replacing that sensor with a new one, all the dashboard lights does away, but my acceleration issues persisted. On top of that, if I break at low speed (20-25mph) I feel my ABS is activating. Some research online is saying that it might be then ABS Actuator? any idea how to test that?

@Mpe235 - what does cutting the top portion of the U shape in the plastic cover do? how would it help with the issue?

Thanks
You need to do it on both sides. Corrosion in the hubs pushes the plastic cover down. It causes the sensor to miss part of the pick up on the back of the hubs. If you replace the sensor and don't modify the plastic cover the new sensor will end up in the same spot.

Tags
2007, acceleration, maxima