Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
jumpstart bad Forums > > jumpstart bad jumpstart bad
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 11-09-2017, 06:24 PM
2005 Maxima

Default jumpstart bad

after jumpstarting 2005 maxima the headlights and radio quit working. I didn't do it so I don't know if it was done wrong. all the fuses and relays seem fine. so what's next? when it happened I guess smoke came from the center of the dash board.

Last edited by frank wilson; 11-09-2017 at 06:27 PM. Reason: didnt ask full question
Old 11-11-2017, 01:10 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

It sounds like the battery was cross-jumped. I would first make sure the fusible links are good. Next, I would probably pull the Body Control Module to see if it smells like it was burning and, if possible, disassemble it to check the circuit board for burn marks.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:00 AM
2005 Maxima

Ok thanks. So while i was working on it i checked the ecm, bcm, the back of the navigation ( cause i guess they made it smoke). The trunk wouldn't open and radio was weird. The guy who owned it came in and told me he used a 200 amp jumper box and had all sorts of stuff glitch out and smoke from dashboard. After i unplugged the computers and plugged tjem back in it all started working again. Except the head lights. Those actually blew out. Now all is fixed so i hope the dude learned what not to do.

Tags
bad, jumpstart