Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Maxima high rev not accelerating Forums > > Maxima high rev not accelerating Maxima high rev not accelerating
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 06-10-2017, 11:43 AM
2003 Maxima

Question Maxima high rev not accelerating

I have a 2003 maxima gle with 199K miles. while driving today I have no acceleration but had high rpm. the engine didn't stall and did not produce an engine service light. engine kicks back in but has frequent rpm with no acceleration. suggestions anyone?
Old 06-14-2017, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast
1995 Maxima

1. check the level of the transmission fluid.
2. suspect the revolution sensor & its wiring (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZuV...l=jimthecarguy)
Old 06-16-2017, 09:49 AM
2003 Maxima

Oilcanobserver - thanks for your post! I checked the dipstick on the tranny fluid - full and without metal specks. the vehicle has not reproduced the event, but if it does I will certainly look to install the revolution sensor. the link to video was excellent! grateful for the assist.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:44 AM
Enthusiast
1995 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmart View Post
Oilcanobserver - thanks for your post! I checked the dipstick on the tranny fluid - full and without metal specks. the vehicle has not reproduced the event, but if it does I will certainly look to install the revolution sensor. the link to video was excellent! grateful for the assist.
you're welcome. just hope it won't reoccur again. much better doing nothing.

Tags
accelerating, high, maxima, rev