Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Inline fuse wire pulled loose, car won't start Forums > > Inline fuse wire pulled loose, car won't start Inline fuse wire pulled loose, car won't start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 07-11-2016, 02:41 PM
2003 Maxima

Default Inline fuse wire pulled loose, car won't start

I was reinstalling the brake pedal assembly and must've snagged a wire and pulled it loose from its crimp. Problem is, I can't for the life of me find where it was terminated and now the car will not start. (The 2 switches on the pedal assembly are connected and the brake lights work and the solenoid for the shifter also works. I believe the second switch is for the cruise to be disabled when the brake is depressed) The wire I pulled loose is a single black wire with a 10amp inline fuse and is located just under the steering column. If someone could locate this wire under their dash and give me a clue as to where it is connected I would be most grateful. The car is a 2003 Maxima SE. I have pics but don't see a way to post them here.
Thanks, Greg
Old 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

You need a service like Photobucket to post photos. I've never seen an inline fuse used under the dash from the factory on a Nissan. Any chance you have an aftermarket alarm system on the vehicle?
Old 07-11-2016, 05:27 PM
2015 Rogue

If it is a black wire with a fuse it is probably for an auto dimming mirror.
It usually connects to a fuse tap in the fuse box. If it has a fuse on it then it is a power wire. Try putting power to it to see what comes on or if the car starts.
ASE Master Certified.

Last edited by mpe235; 07-11-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:55 PM
2003 Maxima

Thanks for the responses. There is an auto dimming mirror on this car (that I hate) and there is no power on this wire with the key on. There are no aftermarket devices on the car, we bought it new and the only shop work I have had done was motor mounts under warranty. I'll try applying power and see what happens.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:34 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

If it connects to a fuse tap in the fuse box, one would assume it's an ignition powered source to the fuse. I wonder if while working on it, the wire was pulled and caused the fuse in the box to be pulled out partially and is the cause of your problem?

Tags
car, fuse, inline, loose, pulled, start, wire