Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 maxima electric driver's seat Forums > > 2007 maxima electric driver's seat 2007 maxima electric driver's seat
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 05-04-2016, 10:16 AM
2007 Maxima

Default 2007 maxima electric driver's seat

Please help! Having problems with the driver's seat. Everything works except that the seat doesn't go forward nor backward. Tried pressing the seat memory and the seat doesn't move at all. Disconnected the battery, but didn't help. Could it be the motor?
Old 05-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Yes, unfortunately the most likely problem is the motor. Try locating the motor under the seat and tap it with something solid (e,g, hammer, screw driver). Sometimes the motor is just stuck.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

You likely need a "seat slide kit." There was a Nissan technical service bulletin for this issue, # NTB05-105a. You can get a copy of it in the "knowledge base" at this site:

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/local...pp=10&keyid=21
Old 05-06-2016, 10:47 AM
2007 Maxima

I don't know what happened. The seat didn't work at all for 3 days in a row, suddenly it started working on its own. Thanks for your replies. Hopefully, I don't have any more problems with it.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:24 AM
2007 Maxima

Default driver's seat problems

I don't know what is going on, but the seat stops working once in a while. The seat sounds like too heavy. Suddenly, it works and then other days it doesn't. I checked under to see what I could see and found 2 black plastic torn rings under it. Do you think is falling apart? Are these rings on the motor or rails?
Old 05-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

It's hard to say without seeing what you are talking about. There are plastic wire loops that keep the wiring in place under the seat, so, perhaps someone worked on the seat or removed it in the past and they broke or were cut? Personally, I think you'll need the seat slide kit to fix your problem. Erratic or no operation is characteristic of a bad seat slide motor, which is part of the kit. It could also be a faulty switch, but you would need to be able to duplicate the problem and test the switch to be sure.

Tags
2007, driver, drivers, electric, maxima, seat