Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Throttle pedal/position sensor stopper Forums > > Throttle pedal/position sensor stopper Throttle pedal/position sensor stopper
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 09-21-2015, 11:21 PM
2003 Maxima
2004 Maxima

Unhappy Throttle pedal/position sensor stopper

2003 Maxima GLE

I was in motion when suddenly the engine will not rev up upon depression of the throttle pedal.
I did a diagnostic check on the car & I got P1705, P2122, P2127 (& P1800). I got under the steering wheel to observe things and noticed a transparent green rubber, which obviously is a stopper for the throttle pedal on return. It's become worn and broken off, thus the pedal returns beyond its normal return position. I confirmed this to be the problem as I slightly depressed the pedal, started the engine and rev up the engine successfully but once I release the pedal fully, the engine refuses to rev up any further.

My prob is I don't know how to refer to this green rubber (what it's called) and where I can make a possible order for it. Please anyone to help ASAP?
Old 09-22-2015, 02:37 PM
2015 Rogue

Nissan USA eStore

Do you see it in any of these pictures?
ASE Master Certified.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:09 AM
2003 Maxima
2004 Maxima

Thank you for the response, I appreciate.

Yes I was able to see the item (my description - Pedal lever return stopper) from one of the diagrams, navigating thru ACCELERATOR LINKAGE, F/DIFF6 ILLUSTRATION (LEVER COMPL/ACCELERATOR W/DRUM - 18002). However, the part is not individually identified by a part number in the diagram, suggesting it is not separately sold. Seems only option is to purchase the entire 18002 assembly ($278?). Don't think I want to do that, might just look around to improvise a rubber stopper that can fit into the slot and do a job.

Tags
pedal or position, pedal/position, sensor, stopper, throttle