Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 Maxima Power Driver's Seat Forums > > 05 Maxima Power Driver's Seat 05 Maxima Power Driver's Seat
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 10-15-2014, 04:44 PM
2005 Maxima

Default 05 Maxima Power Driver's Seat

My driver's seat won't move at all when I use the switches, and the power telescoping steering wheel doesn't work either, but you can hear the relays clicking. I did just have the battery replaced. I have tried what the manual suggests, but I'm not having any luck. The passenger seat works, but that doesn't have a memory setting.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:25 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Check the power seat fuse. If it is blown, you will need to find the cause. There may also have a power seat circuit breaker. Determine if it is auto reset or manual. Refer to Power Seat Circuit diagram. I don't know if power telescoping steering has any relevance to the power seat issue but the circuit diagram will tell you if any shared circuit.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:19 PM
2005 Maxima

Well things have gone from bad to worse.

New battery installed by Advance Auto Parts in October. This was a replacement for the defective battey they installed in September.

Newest battery would drain to dead status in two days. The same as the old AAP battery did. So I went to a different AAP store to have the battery/charging system checked. Battery didn't have a full charge so the charge reading wouldn't be accurate.

Yesterday, I took the once again dead battery out of the car and put it on a 10amp charge for 3 hours with my charger. Battery read 12.8v after charging, so I put it back in the car. While I was waiting I cleaned both battery cables real good and made sure all connections were tight.

Installed pos cable and as soon as I connect the neg cable, the alarm starts going off. So I reset it with my key fob and turned it off. The keys were in my pocket, but the drivers door was open when this happened.

So as I turn the ign sw to on, there's a loud buzzing sound coming from the glove box area, and as soon as I started the car, the buzzing stopped. Then I look at my dash and the Check Engine Soon light is on. Never seen this before. Then I find out my turn sigs, and hazard lights don't work. Everything else worked except for the auto driver positioning system which controls the power seats, and steering wheel, and they didn't work before anyway.

So I check charging system, and had 14.5v at 2000rpm. At least something was working right.

Took the car for a short drive and had no other problems.

Tomorrow I'm going to get a new fusible link, and see if that helps.

If anyone has any info on what happened when I reinstalled the battery, or any other problems I should look for, please let me know.

Thanks,
Scott

Forgot to add............. I can only shift gears by using the Shift Lock feature. Can't just step on the brake and shift to any gear.

Last edited by scolist; 11-17-2014 at 01:46 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-18-2014, 02:48 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by scolist View Post
Well things have gone from bad to worse.

New battery installed by Advance Auto Parts in October. This was a replacement for the defective battey they installed in September.

Newest battery would drain to dead status in two days. The same as the old AAP battery did. So I went to a different AAP store to have the battery/charging system checked. Battery didn't have a full charge so the charge reading wouldn't be accurate.

Yesterday, I took the once again dead battery out of the car and put it on a 10amp charge for 3 hours with my charger. Battery read 12.8v after charging, so I put it back in the car. While I was waiting I cleaned both battery cables real good and made sure all connections were tight.

Installed pos cable and as soon as I connect the neg cable, the alarm starts going off. So I reset it with my key fob and turned it off. The keys were in my pocket, but the drivers door was open when this happened.

So as I turn the ign sw to on, there's a loud buzzing sound coming from the glove box area, and as soon as I started the car, the buzzing stopped. Then I look at my dash and the Check Engine Soon light is on. Never seen this before. Then I find out my turn sigs, and hazard lights don't work. Everything else worked except for the auto driver positioning system which controls the power seats, and steering wheel, and they didn't work before anyway.

So I check charging system, and had 14.5v at 2000rpm. At least something was working right.

Took the car for a short drive and had no other problems.

Tomorrow I'm going to get a new fusible link, and see if that helps.

If anyone has any info on what happened when I reinstalled the battery, or any other problems I should look for, please let me know.

Thanks,
Scott

Forgot to add............. I can only shift gears by using the Shift Lock feature. Can't just step on the brake and shift to any gear.
Have you ever left change on the little shelf in front of the radio display? We see several problems on the maxima from coins falling down the gap near that screen and landing on the circuit board inside the a/c and meter amp. You can check this by removing the radio and brackets and shaking it. You will hear the change rattling if it is in there.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:35 AM
2005 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
Have you ever left change on the little shelf in front of the radio display? We see several problems on the maxima from coins falling down the gap near that screen and landing on the circuit board inside the a/c and meter amp. You can check this by removing the radio and brackets and shaking it. You will hear the change rattling if it is in there.
Can't say that I ever have. My change always goes into the front cupholder. But I will check that as well, since I have to find the BCM and see if it has a circuit breaker on it, or at least see if it has a part number on it.

Back at AAP yesterday and yet another bad battery.

Tomorrow i'll be looking for the buzzer that starts when I put the key in, but stops when the car starts up. My blinkers and hazard lights work, but make no clicking noise, and of course the ADP just clicks, but no movement.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

The BCM won't have a circuit breaker on it. If your plan is to replace it, I believe you'll need to take your vehicle and the BCM to Nissan to have them program it to get the car to start.

Last edited by smj999smj; 11-20-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Tags
driver, maxima, power, seat