Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Replaced Battery and still no Juice Forums > > Replaced Battery and still no Juice Replaced Battery and still no Juice
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 10-04-2013, 01:41 PM
2004 Maxima

Default Replaced Battery and still no Juice

Hello,

My 2004 Nissan Maxima battery appeared to die. Would not jump or charge. I replaced the battery this evening and still no starting. The vehicle is totally dead, no juice, key fob has no functionality - it's as if I am trying to start the car with no battery at all.

Any suggestions at to what the issue is?

Rob
Old 10-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Assuming the battery you installed is good (test it make sure) and the battery connections and cables are clean and tight, next thing to check on the list is the fusible links located near the battery.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:53 PM
2004 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteinbacher View Post
Hello,

My 2004 Nissan Maxima battery appeared to die. Would not jump or charge. I replaced the battery this evening and still no starting. The vehicle is totally dead, no juice, key fob has no functionality - it's as if I am trying to start the car with no battery at all.

Any suggestions at to what the issue is?

Rob
If you have a Battery tester or a Multi-meter place leads across the Battery Re to (+) Post and Black to (-) Nagative Post. you should see a reading of at least 12 Volts.

If that test passes then Leave the Red Meter Lead on the (+) Positive Post and touch to the Black Lead to any Metal Service on the Frame, make certain it is Not Paited. you should also see at least 12 Volts Displayed.

If you do then on the Positive Cable you should see a second Cable with a Device , usually red in colour, this is the Fuse Link. Place the Red Lead on the part away from the Battery (+) Post with the Black Lead on the Negative Post.

If you see no Voltage the Link is Blown.

Try the above and post back so we can suggest our things to try.

Tags
battery, juice, replaced