Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
My Nissan shakes when i stop.? Forums > > My Nissan shakes when i stop.? My Nissan shakes when i stop.?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 07-30-2013, 07:00 AM
2001 Maxima

Default My Nissan shakes when i stop.?

I have a 2001 Nissan Maxima. The Engine light is on. Sometimes when i stop the car, it starts shaking, i am not sure if it shakes when i drive or not, everytime it happens, it is a little bit difficult to get the car to speed up, i have to press hard on my pedal to get it going. And i THINK every time that happen and if i have my AC on, i smell something weird, it does not smell like smoke, or burning, but i can't describe the smell. However it does not always happen though.

I brought it to Goodyear, they check the Engine light and they came up with the code P1320-P0303. And they charged me $400 to change the Spark Plugs and the Fuel Injector because those are the 2 that might cause the problem since they ran a test with the injector and nothing is wrong with it, though after that they said it might not work since the problem might be because of the Injector #3 is bad if the symptoms persist and they said the Intake has to be remove to check injector which will cost a lot a labor. The car still shakes after they change the Spark plugs and the fuel Injector, i called them and they said It must be because of the injector #3 and told me to get back to them. I felt like they are lying to me, i don't know anything about car so i need someone to correct me on this, Is goodyear making right step to fix my car?

And how much should it cost to get the injector #3 fix with the labor?

Last edited by dg2903; 07-30-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:13 PM
G47

Injector #3 will be under the intake manifold in the middle

1 3 5
2 4 6

the labor is 2.2 hours for the whole fuel rail
Old 07-31-2013, 10:33 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

A bad fuel injector will not cause a P1320 code, which is an ignition code. Most likely your problem is a bad #3 ignition coil. I would suggest you find a new shop to get your car repaired when it comes to driveabilty and check engine light problems. One way to confirm the coil is to erase the codes and swap the coil with another cylinder and see if the code changes to the other cylinder. That said, ignition coil failures are fairly common on VQ30DE engines. If you purchase a new coil, stick with a genuine Nissan part.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Enthusiast
2001 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg2903 View Post
I have a 2001 Nissan Maxima. The Engine light is on. Sometimes when i stop the car, it starts shaking, i am not sure if it shakes when i drive or not, everytime it happens, it is a little bit difficult to get the car to speed up, i have to press hard on my pedal to get it going. And i THINK every time that happen and if i have my AC on, i smell something weird, it does not smell like smoke, or burning, but i can't describe the smell. However it does not always happen though.

I brought it to Goodyear, they check the Engine light and they came up with the code P1320-P0303. And they charged me $400 to change the Spark Plugs and the Fuel Injector because those are the 2 that might cause the problem since they ran a test with the injector and nothing is wrong with it, though after that they said it might not work since the problem might be because of the Injector #3 is bad if the symptoms persist and they said the Intake has to be remove to check injector which will cost a lot a labor. The car still shakes after they change the Spark plugs and the fuel Injector, i called them and they said It must be because of the injector #3 and told me to get back to them. I felt like they are lying to me, i don't know anything about car so i need someone to correct me on this, Is goodyear making right step to fix my car?

And how much should it cost to get the injector #3 fix with the labor?
Oh man, this is sad.... please do not ever take your car back to Goodyear, they have no clue what they are doing and wasted your $400. The codes you mention almost always mean the cylinder #3 COIL PACK is bad. A new coil pack will cost you $66 shipped from Amazon.com (Hitachi part from CarPartsKing, which is who I used last time - Amazon.com: Hitachi Ignition Coil IGC0074: Automotive), or you can go to Nissan and it'll be $125 or so for the part and maybe an hour of labor to install (or you can do it yourself as it's quite simple).

Tags
nissan, shakes, stop