Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Need Help! I broke my exterior Door Handle Forums > > Need Help! I broke my exterior Door Handle Need Help! I broke my exterior Door Handle
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 05-09-2012, 02:54 PM
2009 Maxima

Default Need Help! I broke my exterior Door Handle

So a couple days ago I yanked my car door handle off, I can still open it if I stick my finger and hook the lech. I got a 2009 Maxima. The handle isn't completely off, just the back part thats next to the key whole. Where it opens your door. Im wondering how I can fix it, do I just open the door panel and super glue it back on the black part that hooks into the door? I'm so fustrated and mad at myself. I just need to fix it and don't want to take it into Nissan because they will probably charge me for a new handle and I bet thats expensive. I don't want to spend more than 20 dollars fixing the handle because the car is already kind of falling apart. So if anyone has had this problem and fixed it by yourself please let me know. Its been raining and I don't want the water getting inside the handle. The car handle is still sticking on, the part where the button is to unlock all door with your key is still there. Its just the part next to the key whole that opens your door is broken. Please I need someone's help! Thanks!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast
2007 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzatko View Post
So a couple days ago I yanked my car door handle off, I can still open it if I stick my finger and hook the lech. I got a 2009 Maxima. The handle isn't completely off, just the back part thats next to the key whole. Where it opens your door. Im wondering how I can fix it, do I just open the door panel and super glue it back on the black part that hooks into the door? I'm so fustrated and mad at myself. I just need to fix it and don't want to take it into Nissan because they will probably charge me for a new handle and I bet thats expensive. I don't want to spend more than 20 dollars fixing the handle because the car is already kind of falling apart. So if anyone has had this problem and fixed it by yourself please let me know. Its been raining and I don't want the water getting inside the handle. The car handle is still sticking on, the part where the button is to unlock all door with your key is still there. Its just the part next to the key whole that opens your door is broken. Please I need someone's help! Thanks!
I hate to be a downer, but since the original plastic broke, your repair needs to be even stronger. The best glue on the planet won't fix that.

The only possible way to repair such a part is if somehow you can drill it, add a couple of screws or pop rivets, or some other MacGuiver sort of repair which *might* work, or might just break again after spending an hour hacking something together.

Or you just buy the part, crack open a cold beer and swap out the door handle. Personally I've done those sorts of repairs dozens of times, it ain't that hard. The whole door was assembled in about 30 seconds while the car was going down the assembly line.....
Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 PM
2009 Maxima

thanks! I already found out what was wrong it was the grip and whole handle that needs to be repair. They quote me 162 bucks for repair there or 50 bucks for the part and I put it in. Do you know how to take off a panel on my model?

Tags
broke, door, exterior, handle