Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2006 Maxima TCS, SLIP, ABS, no start, lights and fan come on, FIX Forums > > 2006 Maxima TCS, SLIP, ABS, no start, lights and fan come on, FIX 2006 Maxima TCS, SLIP, ABS, no start, lights and fan come on, FIX
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 04-20-2013, 03:16 AM
2006 Maxima

Default same problem

Hey could you send me the pics that you have of the procedure? My wife just had this happen an I need to get it fixed asap! Thanks way in advance!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:54 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggernut84 View Post
Found the exact same issue in my 05 Nissan max. 2 pennies and a dime inside the driver assist module. Very amazing find. Definitely blew my mind how these coins are making the million dollar slide. How the hell did Nissan F up so bad? Obviously it isn't something they intended to design but wow!! Craziest part --- I didn't find any change that made it beyond the module to the floor. If change falls down the front of the info screen, its definitely heading right for that slot. I have plenty of pics of the whole procedure if anyone wants to see them.

- Cheese :)
You can't really blame Nissan for this problem. It's not like they advertised the display screen as a coin holder. If people didn't put change in front of the screen then it would never be a problem. It's unfortunate that it happens but the blame falls on the end user who decided to use it for something it wasn't intended for.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 PM
2005 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe235 View Post
You can't really blame Nissan for this problem. It's not like they advertised the display screen as a coin holder. If people didn't put change in front of the screen then it would never be a problem. It's unfortunate that it happens but the blame falls on the end user who decided to use it for something it wasn't intended for.
Who gives a flying ray's ass who gets blamed for a shitty pointless design that backfired in the worst possible way, disabling every info source a driver NEEDS in order to legally drive a car?? Got anything helpful to add, MT? I don't see your solution posted anywhere. The guys that stand around tootin their own horns are usually the guys getting absolutely nothin done, while claiming someone else's awesome find as their own. At least ur awesome at taking tests and sitting around at seminars while we're getting down n dirty, hands on know how.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:41 AM
2006 Maxima

I have an 06 SE model and all my lights lit up too and acted as if it did not want to accelerate at all. From the pics I see a number for 27760-7Y01A which I looked up and it says it is an amplifier I want to make sure I get the right part is that what it is because it looks like a circuit board on the picture what do you actually call this part and is it located behind the display monitor in the dash?
Old 07-31-2013, 03:50 AM
2005 Maxima

Most yards call it the Driver's Assist Module. It's located beneath the radio. It takes maybe 20 minutes to install. And it's plug and play. No programming necessary as long as you match the part number. My part number was 277607Y000. There is a different part number but only of you have the navigation screen. [email protected] for more info.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:48 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggernut84 View Post
Who gives a flying ray's ass who gets blamed for a shitty pointless design that backfired in the worst possible way, disabling every info source a driver NEEDS in order to legally drive a car?? Got anything helpful to add, MT? I don't see your solution posted anywhere. The guys that stand around tootin their own horns are usually the guys getting absolutely nothin done, while claiming someone else's awesome find as their own. At least ur awesome at taking tests and sitting around at seminars while we're getting down n dirty, hands on know how.
2004 maxima
This is one of many threads where we discussed this problem. There are several others.
I will let my reputation speak for itself.

Last edited by mpe235; 07-31-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:31 PM
2006 Maxima

I appreciate it man thanks
Old 08-01-2013, 05:24 PM
2006 Maxima

So just an update, I just took the box out found a penny....wtf It wasn't fused so I plugged it back up and tested the module and low and behold it started right up all lights that were on before are no longer lighting up You guys are great and Chiggernut thanks again man I really appreciate it.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 PM
2005 Maxima

No problem. Glad to help. You got lucky. Most of the cases I've seen ended up with a burnt circuit board. I partially cover the hole in the box with duct tape so if wont happen again. Don't cover it all the way tho. It needs a vent.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:50 PM
2006 Maxima

I joined the forum just to say thanks for this one post. I just found a dime and a bobby pin in mine. My brother in law mentioned this post to me and I thought he was nuts until I read it myself and saw that my car was acting exactly like this. Thanks. This saved me a lot of $$
Old 03-26-2016, 06:08 PM
2006 Maxima

I just wanted to thank you for posting this!! I did exactly what you said took everything apart and sure enough there was a penny in there! Saved so much money and for that I wanted to thank you! The fact Nissan put something like that on the a/c control amp makes me feel it was intentional for reasons like this! Anyway thanks again! 😊
Old 05-29-2018, 07:27 AM
2004 Maxima

I just really have to say thank you I appreciate this thread my 04 maxima wad down for 2 weeks until I finally saw this last night, sure as hell2 penny's in the module, 12$ part at scrap yard & my baby is running new you just saved me 1000$ from nissan
Old 02-14-2021, 11:06 PM
2005 Maxima
2005 Maxima

I have a 2005 Nissan Maxima I have the same problem it will turn over and will not start and my fans are running is showing u1000 code I replaced the ground from my battery to the transmission and and my fans are still running when I switch the key on I took the radio and middle console out and found the little box with the coin slot and it had a penny in it I took the penny out but it got dark on me I haven't put it in yet it did not knew anything before I did not smell anything burning but will that be the cause of my problem just dipini inside the coin slot up under the radio tomorrow I'm going to put it back in and see if it works if anyone has any other suggestions of what I should do please send me any information what my next step should be

Tags
2006, abs, fan, fix, lights, maxima, slip, start, tcs