Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
98 Max Poor cold start wipers/radio intermittent fail Forums > > 98 Max Poor cold start wipers/radio intermittent fail 98 Max Poor cold start wipers/radio intermittent fail
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 02-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Jland2

Default 98 Max Poor cold start wipers/radio intermittent fail

My wife drives a 98 Max SE, and lately the engine has been hard to start in cold weather, even when garaged. She has to give it a bit of gas to get it started when enghine is cold. Starts fine when warmed up. Also, lately radio and dash clock will go out intermittently, but radio retains memory features. Fuses are ok. Friday during a snow storm she called me to say that not only was the radio out, but the windshield wipers were out, too. She shuts off car and then restarts, everything works again. Went on trip last weekend, it happened while I was driving. could not pull off, on highway, and after 15-20 minutes radio came back on. Instrument lights ok, parking/headlamsp ok. Had my truck @ Firestone today, and tech said that the combination of those 3 problems is most likely a ECM or computer failure. Any Suggestions? I ran a bottle of fuel Techron fuel cleaner through it hoping that would help, not much luck. Car is in tune and good on plugs and filters. Thanks for your help!

James L
1998 Nissan Maxima, 105,000 miles

Tags
cold, fail, intermittent, max, poor, start, wipers or radio