Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Mass Airflow Meter Forums > > Mass Airflow Meter Mass Airflow Meter
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 02-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Gcam

Default Mass Airflow Meter

My 2000 maxima just started stalling at 104k miles, mainly on cold days or when sitting idle. I thought it was simply the idle but the dealership that I took it into suggested that its the Mass Airflow Meter that needs to be replaced. I can't seem to find much info on this.....any thoughts, your help is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Hello

It sounds like the air flow meter. You should read some of the posts from other users with the same problem. If you replaced the air flow meter, make sure the air filter is clean and there is no debris in the air filter box. Sometimes is the debris that damages the air flow meters.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:51 AM
AcidJake75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcam View Post
My 2000 maxima just started stalling at 104k miles, mainly on cold days or when sitting idle. I thought it was simply the idle but the dealership that I took it into suggested that its the Mass Airflow Meter that needs to be replaced. I can't seem to find much info on this.....any thoughts, your help is greatly appreciated!
Ive recently changed mine out and I have a 2K Max as well. You can get one of these from courtesyparts.com for about 100 bucks..make sure you get the updated part# 22680-2Y001...you will certainly notice a huge difference once installed and do it yourself - its QUITE easy - stealerships WILL charge an arm and a leg for a 20 min job that you can do yourself.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Mike S

My thanks to AcidJake75 for the Courtesy parts lead. I had the problem with flat spots in acceleration on my 2000 Maxima. The mass air flow meter finally burnt out completely. The engine would not rev above 2300 rpm at all, no matter how warm the engine was. I got the new one from Courtesy and changed it in less than 25 minutes; yes, housing and all. They recommend I have my ecm reprogrammed, but the car is running so well, I'm a little reluctant to do so. I swear, the car is faster than it ever was. I mean, a real animal! Thanks again for all the good info on ths web site.

Tags
airflow, mass, meter