Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
04 Maxima Transmission shop manual- RE5F22- Forums > > 04 Maxima Transmission shop manual- RE5F22- 04 Maxima Transmission shop manual- RE5F22-
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 03-05-2011, 02:24 PM
2004 Maxima

Default 04 Maxima Transmission shop manual- RE5F22-

Hello All,

I will be replacing my nissan maxiam 04 valvebody/ solenoid tomorrow and would like some instructions. Yesterday, I bit the bullet and purchased from the dealer a Valvebody for my RE5F22 and was hoping to find in the shop manuals section of the forums the transmission shop manuel, but no such luck. Can anyone help out. That would be cool.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Did you were able to find the "Automatic Transmission" (AT) section in the service manual?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:33 AM
2004 Maxima

I did find the AT section of the shop manuel. Is there a "How -to" break down on this R&R you know of? I will be getting started in a few hours. Any words of wisdom?
Old 03-12-2011, 02:44 PM
2004 Maxima

Well, I changed the valve body and it went well. The problem is solved. FYI, the gears were slipping mainly when going from 2 to 3 gear. The dealer wanted me to replace the transmission..not... I did file a complaint.. In hopes of some day getting back my money.. The valve body swop out was not very difficult. there are 2 sizes of bolt heads you will see 6 Mil torx head( 5 star) and a 10 mil. You will remove the 10 mil bolts(there were i think 10 or 12) and the plastic clips will need to be removed as well( you will see them). These plastic clip will be fragile, so be careful. Once the bolts were removed the valve body basically falls into your hands. now just place the new part back in the same way you just removed it and ur almost done. Now, clean all leftover gasket material from the pan and from where it was sitting. The car changes gear perfectly. BTW, the dealer wanted $1047, i talked him down to $800. I was going to use the Level 10 rebuild shop, but the shipping and the down time was a problem for me. Well good luck. really, its was not as hard as i thought , I know you can do it..
Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 AM
2004 Maxima
2004 Maxima
2004 maxima

Do you have to remove the transmission in order to replace the valve body?
Any response would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:58 AM
2004 Maxima

Default valve body swop out- 04 maxima

No, it is not necessary to remove the transmission. You will see the small pan that covers the valve body, it sits at a angle. You will see what I mean when you vet under there.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:13 AM
2004 Maxima
2004 Maxima
2004 maxima

Did you had any success replacing the valve body on your maxima, currently I own (2) 2004 Maximas ES with identical transmission problem, jerking from 2nd to 3rd, transmission shop wants $2500 to rebuilt unit. Cant afford to pay 5k at this moment.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:48 PM
jessie28

i have a 2005 nissan maxima with very bad transmission issues...slipping-jerking-jumping-kicking between 1-2cnd gear..i am in the middle of a suit with better businees burea and i called fox 5 news and they called me back and i missed the call and ive gotta return there call back..please i need to get up as many ppl as possible to help get our cars fixed..please call or email me so we can get together..this is a wide-spread issue and nissan needs to fix it! if you are having transmission issues file a claim with nhtsa.com the more complaints with nhtsa then n issan will have to recall them!!! please im begging you if you have a 04-05 maxima please contact me by email or telephone. email is [email protected] my number is 678-860-0548 my name is jessica...please contact me...please!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Enthusiast
2004 Maxima

Perry04-Question for you: Since you performed the full valve body, is it possible to change all Eight solenoids ( 5 On-OFF solenoids and 3 Linear Solenoids) without removing the transmission? I want to replace whatever I can at a cheap labor price.

Youtube videos worth watching (or search under “transmission solenoid repair and valve body rebuild”):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB5Mw8lGh7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6F7_vPy2pg

AW55-51SN RE5F22A part 3 - YouTube

Tags
manual, maxima, re5f22, shop, transmission