Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Weird nosie when braking??? Forums > > Weird nosie when braking??? Weird nosie when braking???
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 01-04-2010, 04:44 PM
roadrash187

Default Weird nosie when braking???

I have a 05 Maxima with roughly 64k on it. Now when I start braking there is a weird humming noise sounding, and the brake pedal will begin to pulsate. So thought for sure it was the ABS actuator. I saw the bulletin for the sensor on the rear with but not sure if this will be covered. Was curious to know if anybody else has had this problem/symptoms and what the end result ended up being. Almost forgot. I have no ABS/ check engine lights on and its not popping up any codes.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2009 Sentra

Check your pads for uneven wear and rotors for any warpage.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash187 View Post
I have a 05 Maxima with roughly 64k on it. Now when I start braking there is a weird humming noise sounding, and the brake pedal will begin to pulsate. So thought for sure it was the ABS actuator. I saw the bulletin for the sensor on the rear with but not sure if this will be covered. Was curious to know if anybody else has had this problem/symptoms and what the end result ended up being. Almost forgot. I have no ABS/ check engine lights on and its not popping up any codes.
It is the abs. You should not drive it. You will want to have it repaired as soon as possible. Continued driving will cause the abs controller to fail. That part cost about $1300.00
ASE Master Certified.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:31 AM
willduce

My wifes car started doing this on saturday on her drive home from work. So now Im having my right rear abs sensor thing replaced on my 06 maxima as we speak. Im under my 5year 60K on my powertrain warranty yet the dealer refuses to cover the cost for repair. i read the TSB on this repair and read that the repair should be claimed as rear axle failure and therefor covered under the powertrain warranty and not the bumper to bumper. did i miss something when i was reading or is my dealer trying to rip me off for $500.

Last edited by willduce; 01-05-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:24 AM
willduce

well i got our car back from dealer. fault code for right rear sensor. dealer replaced sensor and plastic hub and i got charged $520. im under 60k miles. shouldnt this be warrantied?
Old 02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
willduce

got absolutely nowhere with Nissan as far as warranty coverage. it is now the first brand of car i will refuse to buy again. its been a good car up till this point, but the dealer support and factory support has been absolutely terrible.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by willduce View Post
well i got our car back from dealer. fault code for right rear sensor. dealer replaced sensor and plastic hub and i got charged $520. im under 60k miles. shouldnt this be warrantied?
This should have been warrantied if it was less than 5 years old and less than 60,000 miles.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
willduce

That's what I thought however the service manager said I was wrong and powertrain warranty wouldn't cover it. I wrote a claim to nissan and a week later they called me and said "nope sorry we talked to the dealer and can't help at all. Very frustrating

Tags
braking, nosie, weird