Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
1992 Nissan runs roug and stalls while idling Forums > > 1992 Nissan runs roug and stalls while idling 1992 Nissan runs roug and stalls while idling
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 03-05-2009, 03:40 PM

1992 Maxima SE

Default 1992 Nissan runs roug and stalls while idling

Please Help!!!
My 1992 Nissan Maxima SE with 132,000 miles now stalls at stop lights or in stop and go traffic.
It also runs rough at low speeds or while idling in traffic, and stumbles badly upon acceleration.
There is also a loud sputtering noise while accelerating at low speeds.

Iíve been trying to track down this problem for a while, but this is the first time that the car has actually stalled out while I was driving it.
Iíve replaced the cam position sensor, idle air control, spark plugs, O2 sensor, ignition coils, fuel pump, fuel filter, and PCV Valve.
I have also tested the EGR Valve and the MAF sensor and they both are working normally.
Iím not sure if this problem is ignition or fuel related, but itís driving me absolutely nuts.

If any has any suggestions, please send them my way.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 03-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

If the engine runs rough obviously one of the cylinder (s) is not working and that makes the engine stall. The first thing you should find out is which cylinder (s) is not working. I have seen a few maximas with a similar symptoms and problem was the injectors. In some the injector it self is the problem but in others the problem is just the injector connector.

When the engine is running rough, try wiggling the injector connector wire to see if that makes any difference.