Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Do I need to replace Front Exhaust Tube? Forums > > Do I need to replace Front Exhaust Tube? Do I need to replace Front Exhaust Tube?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Maxima Nissan Maxima Discussion Forum

Old 05-05-2009, 09:00 AM
mfowler413

No. I don't have to worry about passing an emissions test. I know people in Chicago who have vehicles that passed emissions testing with the SES light on. In Milwaukee it's an automatic failure. If you do have emissions testing, each venue has its own rules.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:01 PM
andreasue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wphend00 View Post
I spoke to the Nissan Service Tech guy who looked at it, and he basically said the same thing, that it needed to be welded, and that a aftermarket mufflers shop could do it. Thank Jesus that I did not pay out the $643.00 they were asking for...
It is always expected when you go for repairs and you take it to your dealer they will always offer you replacements like putting a new aftermarket mufflers which is too expensive in addition to that you will also add payment for their labor. So it is really advisable to just take it to your trusted muffler shop.

Last edited by andreasue; 12-02-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:07 PM
2008 Altima Sedan

i have a 2008 altima, i was told today that i would need to have it repaired and that the cost would be $1010.00. i live in new jersey. i was told there was a crack or a hole., my mind sort of gloss over when he said @1010. since i had just paid 256.00 for oil change tire rotation and fan belt replacement. does this sound about right?

Tags
exhaust, front, replace, tube