Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2011 Nissan leaf problems Forums > > 2011 Nissan leaf problems 2011 Nissan leaf problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Leaf Nissan Leaf Discussion Forum

Old 11-26-2018, 03:02 PM
2011 Leaf

Default 2011 Nissan leaf problems

Hey guys. I'm a late adopter. Bought my 2011 Nissan leaf with 10 Bars and 32k miles about 3 months ago. (I'll remember it because it was 3 weeks after my wife and I had triplets. So 2 weeks ago I was warming my car up *as one does on a cold day* waiting for my daughter to get ready to go to the store with me. It was on ON mode not derivable on mode as it was still plugged into the house charger *120 if that matters. Now i got my daughter all packed in and tried to turn my car on. No lovely chime it just went on and told me to press the brake in and try again. After about 10 times of doing that and periodically getting a slight hum from the rear of the car I knew something was up. So I went through the motions suggested online IE 12V battery and fuses. None of these worked. So I took it to the dealership in town and they ran a 3 hour diagnostic and came back with a $3500 fix replacing both the VCM Vehicle control module and the battery junction box. I did however find a service campaign bulletin NTB11-038a that sounded exactly like what was going on with my vehicle but i was assured by both Nissan USA and the Nissan Dealership that this did not apply to my vehicle. So my question is this. Has anyone else had this happen to them? There is one place in my town that does work on EVs and he said it sounded highly suspicious that the dealerships technician had no reasons to why he came to these conclusions. Almost like he was throwing parts at a problem and didn't actually know what's wrong with it. Any help would be much appreciated

Tags
leaf, nissan, problems