Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Service Campaign Forums > > Service Campaign Service Campaign
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Leaf Nissan Leaf Discussion Forum

Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 PM
2011 Leaf

Default Service Campaign

So what exactly is being done to the cars in the service campaign. I had my car serviced and have not had any issues with the car not starting since, and I've noticed some difference in the estimated range. Can somebody explain exactly what was changed?

It is my understanding that the AC issue is related to some current sensors that detect a high voltage leak to ground similar to a GFI sensor. The sensors alarm trip point was set to be very sensitive and that is what was causing the alarm that was shutting down the car. What was the original setting and what is the new setting and why was it set so sensitive the first time?

I also noticed that the SOC display, which is a feeble 12 points instead of 100, does not appear to be linear any longer. It seems to decrease faster on the first half of the pack now, and then slows as it nears empty. Why did they change this? It does also seem more stable and I like that, but should it not be linear? I wish they would make it linear and with at least 100 points of resolution, and 200 or 500 would be even better.

I've searched everywhere and cannot find a good description of exactly what was changed on this campaign.

I very much like that it fixed my AC problems, and the SOC change is only a little better.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:15 AM
2011 Leaf

So it seems nobody here has any details about this technical bulletin (NTB11038). We've had some hot days and my car has not had any other bouts of "not ready", and I'm very grateful for that. I still think the SOC behaves oddly, but I am getting used to it. I just don't worry about what it says, because I know I'll get about 20 more miles than it reads. I pretty much go by the odometer at this point rather than the guessameter. It is stable and predictable, which it was not prior to the change, it just drops off faster than the remaining range should (in my opinion, and experience).
Old 07-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

There is no much information on the service campaign, the only thing that is done on the vehicle is reprogram the Vehicle Control Module (VCM).

You can download the service campaign from here: Knowledgebase - 2011 Leaf - Nissanhelp.com Forums
Old 07-26-2011, 07:00 PM
2011 Leaf

Thanks for your reply. You are correct, there is not much technical information there, just a procedure for downloading the program change. I'd really like to know what they changed and why. Mostly curiosity. Why they changed from linear to curved range calculation. I suspect we will never know. Thanks. Michael

Tags
campaign, service