Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
NTB08-097 Forums > > NTB08-097 NTB08-097
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Latest Uploads Latest Knowledgebase Uploads

Old 10-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Default NTB08-097

A new entry has been added to Knowledgebase

Description: ALL NISSAN MODELS; ALIGNMENT AND ROAD CROWN
Customers may report that their vehicle “pulls” or the steering wheel is “off-center”. This bulletin discusses these subjects and provides diagnostic and repair information.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit NTB08-097
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:42 AM
jason0926

do i need to pay?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason0926 View Post
do i need to pay?
For what? for the bulletin? no, you can download the bulletin free from this site.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:34 PM
bb700092

My 09 Altima 2.5SL sedan is all over the place at highway speeds of 50 mph or more. It is extremely difficult to keep the car in a straight line even if it is not so windy. At 70 mph or more, it is so bad that the car seems to go out of control unless I hold the steering wheel very tightly with both my hands. I went to a Nissan dealer and they did road hunter force balancing of all wheels and front and rear alignment but nothing has improved.

Note that there are no vibrations as such.

I strongly feel there is some problem with the steering column/rack. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:54 PM
filberttt

2006 Titan SE CC pulled significantly on steep crown and salt/wear pavement ruts , but was cured with new tires (Michelin LTX M/S2 from dealer).
Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 PM
1995 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb700092 View Post
My 09 Altima 2.5SL sedan is all over the place at highway speeds of 50 mph or more. It is extremely difficult to keep the car in a straight line even if it is not so windy. At 70 mph or more, it is so bad that the car seems to go out of control unless I hold the steering wheel very tightly with both my hands. I went to a Nissan dealer and they did road hunter force balancing of all wheels and front and rear alignment but nothing has improved.

Note that there are no vibrations as such.

I strongly feel there is some problem with the steering column/rack. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
I had the same thing happen in my 95 Altima. It was the rack bushings. They are pretty cheap at your local auto parts store and relatively easy to change. I also had an inner tie rod loose. I would recommend checking the bushings that hold the rack in place and the outer tie rod ends for cracks/wear.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:35 PM
2008 Titan Crew Cab
2008 Titan CC 4X4 SWB

My 2008 Titan alignment is off for the third time needs to be done correctly as the dealership did not adjust the bolts

Tags
ntb