Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Ntb08-023 Forums > > Ntb08-023 Ntb08-023
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Latest Uploads Latest Knowledgebase Uploads

Old 02-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Default Ntb08-023

A new entry has been added to Knowledgebase

Description:
2003–2005 NISSAN SENTRA, 2005–2006 FRONTIER; VOLUNTARY EMISSIONS RECALL CAMPAIGN ECM REPROGRAMMING

Nissan has determined that on some 2003, 2004, and 2005 model year Nissan Sentra vehicles with 1.8 liter engine and some 2005 and 2006 Frontier vehicles with 2.5 liter engine there is a possibility that the program in the Engine Control Module (ECM) may l to the improper operation of the evaporative emission control system. To prevent this potential condition from occurring, Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Emissions Recall Campaign to reprogram the Engine Control Module (ECM).

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit NTB08-027
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Last edited by NissanTech; 02-24-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Edmundo

I'Ve Been Having problems with my nissan Everytime I fill up the pump stops and spills gas like the thank its full already and I have to fill it up .34 Gallons at a time so gas won't spill its becoming very Irritating to do this evrytime is there a re-call for this problem ?

Last edited by NissanTech; 08-28-2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Removed e-mail address
Old 08-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundo View Post
I'Ve Been Having problems with my nissan Everytime I fill up the pump stops and spills gas like the thank its full already and I have to fill it up .34 Gallons at a time so gas won't spill its becoming very Irritating to do this evrytime is there a re-call for this problem ?
No, you need to inspect the EVAP system for that problem. Are there any codes stored in the engine control module (ECM)?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:50 AM
k.micha

I have Sentra 2004. The car's VIN is in the Recall Bulletin Ntb08-023: 2004 Sentra: 3N1CB51(**)4L 455963 – 920991.
But when I called the Nissan customer service to confirm this recall - they deny that my car has any recalls.
Is this Bulletin real? The first question Nissan asked me:"Where did you find this information? We don't publish such thing. Aaa, forum? This is not official."
Any recommendations will be appreciated?
Old 10-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Just print the document and take it to the dealer, but the document was published by Nissan.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Marita

Where do I find this: Recall Bulletin Ntb08-023. It may be what is going on with my Sentra also.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:25 AM
Enthusiast
2004 Sentra

hi everyone... recently i've been having a problem with my sentra, (no doubt i love that car) i have recently post the problem... service eng light came on , got the code and pointing me to O2 sensor (bank1/before catilytic) , replace it after 1 week, eng light came on again this time it's the other O2 sensor (bank2/after catalytic) replace that too , (both sensor was replace with BOSCH brand)then after 3 days light came on again with the same code for o2 sensor bank 2, i waited for several days hoping the light will go away, then i decided to buy another o2 to replaced the other brand new on , and then after resetting the eng light, about 2 hrs , light came on again....i decide to bring to the dealer and i explain that the o2 bank 2 was replaced twice ..... i let them diagnosed the problem finally got the answer.. my ECM was sending a signal that's making my o2 sensor short......
my sentra is 04; i bougth it used last 2006with 25900miles & now it 72,000 ... my qeustion is... sinve i bought this car used .. Does my ECM covered to be replaced , since it failed the smog ??? ( if not ,it will cost me 12-13 hundred dollars or my nissan will be covered for repair... this month will be my first time to smog that car.... also what is a regulation regarding smog test in ca. ,,, does anybody encounter this kind of problem???/

salam
ace....
Old 08-07-2010, 05:31 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPL4ACE View Post
hi everyone... recently i've been having a problem with my sentra, (no doubt i love that car) i have recently post the problem... service eng light came on , got the code and pointing me to O2 sensor (bank1/before catilytic) , replace it after 1 week, eng light came on again this time it's the other O2 sensor (bank2/after catalytic) replace that too , (both sensor was replace with BOSCH brand)then after 3 days light came on again with the same code for o2 sensor bank 2, i waited for several days hoping the light will go away, then i decided to buy another o2 to replaced the other brand new on , and then after resetting the eng light, about 2 hrs , light came on again....i decide to bring to the dealer and i explain that the o2 bank 2 was replaced twice ..... i let them diagnosed the problem finally got the answer.. my ECM was sending a signal that's making my o2 sensor short......
my sentra is 04; i bougth it used last 2006with 25900miles & now it 72,000 ... my qeustion is... sinve i bought this car used .. Does my ECM covered to be replaced , since it failed the smog ??? ( if not ,it will cost me 12-13 hundred dollars or my nissan will be covered for repair... this month will be my first time to smog that car.... also what is a regulation regarding smog test in ca. ,,, does anybody encounter this kind of problem???/

salam
ace....
Your ecm is covered for 8 years or 80,000 miles.
*****unless the damage was caused by an improper repair.
I have seen several ecm's damaged by people splicing aftermarket sensors in and crossing the wires.
ASE Master Certified.

Last edited by mpe235; 08-08-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Marita

Smile

My car has thrown that code two times - a year a part. At first I freaked but then I cancelled it out and continued driving. Car works fine. A year later, it did the same thing and I did the same thing. It is still working fine. All I can figure is that it was a glitch - bad gas or something?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 AM
Enthusiast
2004 Sentra

thanks mpe235, i was afraid of the warranty, they actually did that bulettin recall last 2006 for me, .. right now my milage is 72.000 , they will let me know (hopefully) tomorow if it going to be covered, and also like me everytime i put new part , i always pick the "exact fit" so i dont have to do any adjustment, and i always used the same gas (chevron gas/89 octane) eversince i started driving... yeah.. but im thinking if the ECM is sending a pulse to short my o2 sensor, why it didnt give me a code that my ECM is having a problem ??? and why my ecm all o a sudden shorting my o2 sensor, what triggers my ecm to do that ????
i'm afraid that if my warranty expires and those thins happen again specially my ECM, ( its a $600 dollar part ) and for me those kind of parts i would prefer to by at the dealrs.......i just hope your right , that they will cover my ECM and my brand new O2 sensor, otherwise , i have to pay the total cost of 1200. which i hardly come's those amount on me....
Old 04-01-2013, 07:51 PM
2004 Sentra

I bought a 2004 Sentra about 7 years ago. I have just recently started having trouble starting the car in the mornings. It is backfiring, shutting itself off, will not idle. I have to crank it for about 10 minutes. When it starts it rough idlles then finally smoothes out. It runs fine after the fact. No more trouble after the motor warms up. I have replaced the thermostat, camshaft position sensor, coolant sensor (that is what I was told the codes were) but it has not fixed the problem. Can this be my problem? The car has about 160xxx on it. I guess I am not covered on this recall am I? Please help.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by castilelori View Post
I bought a 2004 Sentra about 7 years ago. I have just recently started having trouble starting the car in the mornings. It is backfiring, shutting itself off, will not idle. I have to crank it for about 10 minutes. When it starts it rough idlles then finally smoothes out. It runs fine after the fact. No more trouble after the motor warms up. I have replaced the thermostat, camshaft position sensor, coolant sensor (that is what I was told the codes were) but it has not fixed the problem. Can this be my problem? The car has about 160xxx on it. I guess I am not covered on this recall am I? Please help.
It's possible that the recall is the problem, but not likely. You will need to call you local Nissan dealer to check if your Sentra is cover under the recall (not all the 2004 were cover by the recall). Your problem sounds more like a head gasket, which is somewhat common for your model year. You should have a mechanic perform a compression test.

Tags
ntb