Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Ntb07-081 Voluntary Recall Campaign Forums > > Ntb07-081 Voluntary Recall Campaign Ntb07-081 Voluntary Recall Campaign
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Latest Uploads Latest Knowledgebase Uploads

Old 08-26-2008, 08:02 AM
brianx22

I recently recieved my recall notice in the mail for this. After reading this forum, I'm almost afraid to let them reprogram the ECM on my wife's altima! I'm already suffering through ECM issues with my Frontier and the dealer still has it!

Has anybody had the recall work done w/o any problems?
Old 09-06-2008, 06:39 PM
anna2709

I had the same problem too and was told i had to pay 146.00 to repair it
Old 09-06-2008, 06:42 PM
anna2709

Default Is there any way i can get this fix

Is there any where that will fix the crank system in the atima and will nissan pay for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissantech View Post
a new entry has been added to knowledgebase

description:
2002, 2005, 2006 altima, sentra; voluntary recall campaign ecm reprogram (2.5l)

nissan has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in some 2002 and 2005-2006 model year nissan altima and sentra vehicles equipped with the 2.5 liter engine. On some of these vehicles there is a possibility that the engine might stop running while being driven due to the program in the electronic control module (engine computer). If the engine stops running while driving, this could result in a crash without warning. To prevent this potential condition, nissan is conducting a voluntary safety recall campaign to reprogram the electronic control module.

to check it out, rate it or add comments, visit ntb07-081 voluntary recall campaign
the comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

its a recall so yeh they will fix it free of charge, u dont pay for parts or labor its all free

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 10-07-2008, 07:25 AM
ramericas

Smile

I just rec. a post card in the mail from my dealership about the recall. After reading all the postings on this site, I'm scared to even bring it in!I've had the car for a year now, and as far as I know there are no issues with it.The dealer that I bought it from has shady employees there, even though they are Certified dlrshp, so I'm nervous that I'll get screwed if there ends up being a problem after the recall has been fixed! Is the dlrshp or the Nissan corp still liable/responsible for any further mech probs after the recall has been fixed?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramericas View Post
I just rec. a post card in the mail from my dealership about the recall. After reading all the postings on this site, I'm scared to even bring it in!I've had the car for a year now, and as far as I know there are no issues with it.The dealer that I bought it from has shady employees there, even though they are Certified dlrshp, so I'm nervous that I'll get screwed if there ends up being a problem after the recall has been fixed! Is the dlrshp or the Nissan corp still liable/responsible for any further mech probs after the recall has been fixed?
Both, the factory has to warranty the parts and the dealer the labor for at least 12 months.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:00 AM
franky472

Default 2002 Altima engine service light

I've just got 130,000 km's on my 2002 Altima when i started having the crank sensor problem's . My mechanic originally re set the fault code and before i had time to send it to Nissan it did it again.

They are going to do the flash of the ecm as part of the recall , but there seems to be alot of voluntary recalls on the model year

Will they fix all the voluntary recalls ?
Old 12-22-2009, 06:32 AM
bastrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy14 View Post
Having a similar issue to what everyone else reported. My wife has an '05 Altima that ran perfectly. We received a notice about the ECM recall issue, took it to a local dealer to have it reprogrammed, now the car peridically will not rev over 750 rpm. The "check engine" kicks on, and no matter what you do there is no acceleration.

Just took it back to the dealer today, they're telling me that they have to do a $95 diagnostic, and it's likely unrelated to the recall. I'll provide an update when they call back, but I'm not expecting good news.
The exact same thing happened with my 2005 Altima. After the recall fix, it stops when I am on the freeway going 70 mph. Also have the engine rattle at idle. Also squeaky brakes. Also super foggy headlamps that scratched too easy. Too bad, my 2000 Quest still runs better than the 05 Altima. This is my 4th Nissan, but probably my last.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:11 PM
jethrodull

Can you tell me how to know if my vin is part of these recalls or not. Just bought the 2006 car and now am concerned about all these recalls. When I bought it, the Carfax said "not subject to any recalls" or something like that. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:39 AM
2005 Altima

Default 2005 Nissan Altima

I know this recall was back in 2007, but we never got a notice on it.. My husbands call just started acting up last week the service light is on and doesn't come off.. it acts up while driving down the highway.. jerks.. its also hard to start? With what I have read.. if we take it in for the recall with they also replace the camshaft sensor as well free of charge?

Please let me know.

thanks..
Old 07-31-2013, 05:59 AM
2006 Altima Sedan

Default racall ntb07081 problem with altima.

I have 2006 Nissan Altima. i have check engine sign on i went to dealership and they asked me to pay $199 for diagnostics. Then i went to Autozone they told me i need crankshaft position sensor and speed sensor and then i googled it so i came to know that it has a RECALL NTB07081. i called nissan and they said there is no such recall on my car.
what should i do?
Old 09-07-2015, 08:47 PM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default 2005 Nissan Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by celly2004 View Post
I dont know if this has to do with this recall, but I have a 2006 altima and recently my car generally when I coming to a stop with not accelerate past 5mph. I have almost been in two accidents because of this. I have had to pull over and wait a couple of minutes for the car to correct itself. I can floor it and it will not pick up speed, i took it to my dealer which they stated it was a battery fusable link, well after paying to have that replaced and still having the same issues they are now saying they "think" it might be the speed sensor? But they can not gaurentee that will fox the problem, how crazy is that. Has this happened to anyone?
My car done the same thing I had it put on the diagnostic machine and it said that it was the TPS (throttle position sensor)? I also had to have my crankshaft position sensor replaced(still having cranking issues) and the ECM reprogrammed (tomorrow)!!! I sure hope this ECM fixes it all... I will update tomorrow... ***Any updates would be greatly appreciated before hand!!***
Old 07-02-2016, 02:54 PM
2005 Altima Sedan Altima 2.5L 2005

Angry gas paddle stop working on highway at the speed of 110 kmph and car shut down after 30 seconds

Hi I have a Nissan Altima 2.5L year 2005 on 30 june I was driving at the speed of 110 kmph and all of the sudden without any warning or any check engine light my gas paddle stopped working I panicked and than immediately after some time the engine shut down completely. I towed my car to mymechanic he told me that they need to replace the fuel pump. Is there any recalls for this problem yet?
Old 02-11-2017, 07:32 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default Front windows going down on their own.

Hi My Nissan Altima S 2005: The windows front windows go down on their own while I am in shopping and also when parked in my own driveway where I have the doors unlocked.Thinking it might be caused by a faulty key fob I removed the battery from the fob but it still happened. is there any way to fix this. The only solution I have is to unhook the battery lug while I am away from the car( shopping, Dr's Appointment ETC.)
Old 11-19-2019, 12:13 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Shouldn't this recall include the 3.5L engines as well?! I know I had this problem with my car and it is very dangerous especially driving on the highway like I was.

Tags
campaign, ntb, recall, voluntary