Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
NTB09-001 Forums > > NTB09-001 NTB09-001
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Latest Uploads Latest Knowledgebase Uploads

Old 01-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Default NTB09-001

A new entry has been added to Knowledgebase

Description: 2005–2009 NISSAN FRONTIER, XTERRA, PATHFINDER; VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN FRONT AIR BAG CRASH ZONE SENSOR
Nissan is conducting a voluntary safety recall on certain model year 2005 – 2009 Frontier, Xterra, and Pathfinder vehicles that are in dealer inventory and are currently registered in States that regularly use road salt in the winter (“Salt States”). In those Salt States, a mixture of snow/water and salt can enter into the front crash zone sensor (“CZS”) housing during continuous driving on roads with a heavy concentration of road salt. If this occurs, the CZS may internally rust resulting in a signal interruption. If this happens, the red air bag warning light will illuminate to alert the vehicle operator. This issue could result in the non-deployment of the driver and passenger front air bags in a crash. Owners of these vehicles will be requested by mail to take their vehicle to a Nissan dealer for replacement of the front CZS with a countermeasure sensor.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit NTB09-001
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:08 PM
lmms1122

My 2007 Nissan Frontier XE was bought by the original owner in Arizona. He then travelled it to Ontario, Canada and registered it here in Canada. I recently purchased the vehicle from him as he took employment in Taiwan last August and didn't want the truck to sit till he got back. Would the recall campaign extend to this vehicle also?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:32 AM
motioninlimine

do you have any information on the pathfinder strut recall?
Old 02-15-2016, 04:04 PM
2005 Frontier

my CZS came on and flashed constantly twice now. I had to clear the code via a trick off the internet. It clears the light but I wonder if the darn thing will still work in a crash. I have a 2005 Frontier and have never got a notification of this problem.

Tags
ntb