Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2019 Nissan Altima SR - Ticking Time Bomb? Forums > > 2019 Nissan Altima SR - Ticking Time Bomb? 2019 Nissan Altima SR - Ticking Time Bomb?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Knowledgebase Request & Announcements Report problems downloading a file or request a service manual, bulletins, recall or owners manual

Old 10-31-2020, 11:44 AM
2019 Altima Sedan

Default 2019 Nissan Altima SR - Ticking Time Bomb?

So I'm going to try and keep this short... About 7 months ago, my wife got a promotion at work, taking her daily commute from 20 minutes to an hour plus. One way. So we decided it was time to buy a more reliable car for all that driving. So, we went out and bought a 2019 Nissan Altima SR 2.5 with 36K on the odometer. And everything has been great. Until now. 25K miles later. I've been changing the oil religiously, every time right at 5K miles. Except, time before last, we had some stuff going on and I had to let it ride for an extra thousand miles or so. And that's when it started ticking. I changed the oil, and the ticking got a little quieter, but it was still there. Now it's back as loud as before. I let my buddy talk me into putting some heavier oil in it, so last night I drained the 0W and put in 5W, but it didn't change anything. I'd almost say it made it worse. He swears up and down its just the valves and they need adjusting, but I'm scared to death its the timing chain. Especially after doing some research. I have an appointment at a Nissan dealership Monday, but I'm going to have to pay out of pocket for anything they do. So I was hoping you guys would take a listen and tell me what you think. I know a little bit about cars, but I'm far from a mechanic. And I don't want to pull into a dealership clueless. Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated.

I'm linking the video from YouTube.

2019 Nissan Altima Ticking? - YouTube

Last edited by Cpt Jcup; 10-31-2020 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:19 AM
Enthusiast
2014 Frontier

So what was the official diagnosis?

Tags
altima, bomb, nissan, ticking, time