Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Scanning A/M vrs Consult Forums > > Scanning A/M vrs Consult Scanning A/M vrs Consult
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Knowledgebase Request & Announcements Report problems downloading a file or request a service manual, bulletins, recall or owners manual

Old 03-26-2018, 04:53 PM
2017 Rogue

Default Scanning A/M vrs Consult

Hello, I have an issue at a dealer where they used from what I believe an aftermarket vehicle scanner called Maxisystems and I did some research and was advised that Consult is the correct scanning for my vehicle. I have a 16 Rogue and my vehicle was involved in a minor rear end backing incident. I backed into someone and paid out of pocket due to insurance reasons and deductible. I wasnt sure why they needed to "prescan" my car, it was a just a bumper and reflector on the passenger side of the rear.

Any help would be great. I was just under the impression that it would be original equipment and nothing aftermarket with the vehicle scans.

Thank you,
Old 03-29-2018, 05:19 PM
2015 Rogue

They probably scanned the computer as a precaution. Depending on what trim level you have there are radars in the rear bumper for blind spot warning. If they were damaged it should show a code. It doesn't make any difference what tool they used to retrieve the codes. Both scan tools will show the same codes. Consult is only required for warranty repairs.

Tags
a or m, a/m, consult, scanning, vrs