Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hard/No Start Forums > > Hard/No Start Hard/No Start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Juke Nissan Juke Discussion Forum

Old 03-06-2012, 06:04 PM
2011 Juke

Default Hard/No Start

Anybody eperiencing a intermittant Hard start on the 2011 Juke.Extended crank time with no engine light.Please advise.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Not a common problem, but there is a bulletin with JUKE when there are more intelligent keys inside that can cause a no start situation.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:32 AM
2015 Rogue

Do you smell gas outside the vehicle?
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:18 AM
2011 Juke

Yes you can.I am aware of the fuel pressure sensor being recalled for leaks.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:34 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnutbird17 View Post
Yes you can.I am aware of the fuel pressure sensor being recalled for leaks.
It could be starting hard because of the fuel leak. The direct injection runs at very high pressure. If the pressure is falling because of a leak it could cause the hard start.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:02 PM
2011 Juke

Thanks.I was thinking the same.The thing is I beleive on start up it would be the electric fuel pump(70psi) supplying the fuel.I have 70psi while the vehicle is displaying the symptoms,extended crank time and rough idle once it started.My tech support in Toronto can offer nothing at this time.I have three Jukes now with the same concern.I'm puzzled.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:29 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Thanks.I was thinking the same.The thing is I beleive on start up it would be the electric fuel pump(70psi) supplying the fuel.I have 70psi while the vehicle is displaying the symptoms,extended crank time and rough idle once it started.My tech support in Toronto can offer nothing at this time.I have three Jukes now with the same concern.I'm puzzled.
I am pretty sure that is goes up to the high pressure pump at 70 psi and then the mechanical pump increases the pressure from there. If it is bleeding down it would take longer for the mechanical pump to build enough pressure to overcome the compression in the cylinder and deliver the fuel. It would show symptoms similar to when the fuel pressure regulator goes bad and allows the fuel system to bleed down.
Has the recall been done on this yet?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:50 PM
2011 Juke

No.I have no details.All I know is I have a essential tool coming(Torque Wrench adapter) beyond that the Tsb is still in being developed.This info is provided through my dealer portal.I reason I want to discount this Recall as a cure is through my conversations with tech support The bulletin was never brought up.We'll see,at this point I suppose I should wait and see .
Old 03-07-2012, 05:22 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
No.I have no details.All I know is I have a essential tool coming(Torque Wrench adapter) beyond that the Tsb is still in being developed.This info is provided through my dealer portal.I reason I want to discount this Recall as a cure is through my conversations with tech support The bulletin was never brought up.We'll see,at this point I suppose I should wait and see .
The recall has been available on asist for a few days. I have done a couple already. Pretty simple to do. Remove the intake manifold and the sensor is on the fuel rail below it. Change the gasket and reassemble. Are you in the U.S. or Canada? I called tech line a couple weeks ago about a couple jukes I had in the shop with fuel odors and they immediately told me to look for a leak at the pressure sensor.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:03 PM
2011 Juke

Thank's.I'm in Nova Scotia.I update my assist nightly.I looked at my assist just now and the recall hasn't been posted yet.I know that some gaskets will be drop shipped to me however I have no torque spec on the sensor.I should mention that I haven't smelled fuel.The owner has.Any conversation I had with tech line envolved the extended crank time/rough idle.At this point they are looking for my help in getting a snapshot of data with the C3 plus while displaying the symptom.Also the owner of one unit has supplied me with a short video clip with sound of the instrument cluster while the engine is cranking over and not starting.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:35 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Thank's.I'm in Nova Scotia.I update my assist nightly.I looked at my assist just now and the recall hasn't been posted yet.I know that some gaskets will be drop shipped to me however I have no torque spec on the sensor.I should mention that I haven't smelled fuel.The owner has.Any conversation I had with tech line envolved the extended crank time/rough idle.At this point they are looking for my help in getting a snapshot of data with the C3 plus while displaying the symptom.Also the owner of one unit has supplied me with a short video clip with sound of the instrument cluster while the engine is cranking over and not starting.
Per tech line the torque on the sensor is 50nm. The tool that Nissan is sending makes it easy to torque it but you can do it with a 6 point 27mm deep socket. I think the spec. on the recall here says around 45nm.
I e-mailed a copy of the recall to you.

Last edited by mpe235; 03-08-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:37 PM
2011 Juke

Default Juke Hard/No Start

What is the Hi Pressure fuel pump reading PID on the scanner for a 2011 Turbo Juke, Also the the PID for the fuel rail sensor

Tags
hard or no, start