Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2013 CVT Cold Fluid Level/Cooler recommendations Forums > > 2013 CVT Cold Fluid Level/Cooler recommendations 2013 CVT Cold Fluid Level/Cooler recommendations
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Juke Nissan Juke Discussion Forum

Old 07-06-2018, 05:57 AM
2013 Juke
2016 Versa

Default 2013 CVT Cold Fluid Level/Cooler recommendations

I took my Juke on a trip from Los Alamos, NM to ABQ, NM. The temps were in the 90s. After driving for 40 minutes or so and after climbing a hill the car fell into what I have learned is a cripple mode that means the transmission is too hot. I fought with this all the way to ABQ and back.

I have ordered NS2 fluid and a trans filter. I plan to replace it when the supplies arrive.

The next day I checked the fluid cold. It was well over the hash marks, about to the "HOT" mark on stick and a brown color.

Can someone tell me what the level should look like cold?

I am also wondering about transmission coolers people here might have experience with? Good/bad idea? Best brand? Recommendations?

The car has 59K. I bought it at the end of March from a non-Nissan dealer.

Thank you.

Last edited by hamendem; 07-06-2018 at 05:58 AM. Reason: misspelling

Tags
cold, cvt, fluid, level/cooler, recommendations