Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2012 Juke SL FWD Fuel Tank Size Forums > > 2012 Juke SL FWD Fuel Tank Size 2012 Juke SL FWD Fuel Tank Size
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Juke Nissan Juke Discussion Forum

Old 11-19-2011, 05:51 PM
jstrope

Default 2012 Juke SL FWD Fuel Tank Size

Can anyone verify what the fuel capacity for this car is? I purchased one yesterday and thought it was a 13.8 gallon tank, but I drove it and was near empty (screen said 15 miles until empty), went to fill it up and it only took 10.8 gallons. I wasn't really paying that much attention at the time I filled up so I am going to watch next time and make sure I top it off completely, but when I looked in the user manual, it did say that the tank for US models was 13.8 gal, but there is another column labled "Imp" that says capacity is 11 gal. What does Imp stand for? Import? Shouldn't I have a 13.8 gal tank? Just a little confused. But the Juke sure is fun to drive!
Old 11-19-2011, 07:59 PM
jstrope

Default Common question on Juke Forums it appears

Being a noob Juke owner, I had not discovered some other Juke forums on the net and I see that many people have asked this same question. And it appears that the fuel gauge is just very conservative in reporting when the tank is empty. Probably to prevent people from running too low on gas and damaging the fuel pump and other systems. But I'm still curious what the "Imp" column in the User Manual stands for and what it states 11 gal capacity vs. the U.S. column that says 13.2 gal capacity.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:05 PM
jstrope

Default Question Answered and Closed

Well, I have never had a conversation with myself from start to finish on a forum thread like this, but for the sake of posting the answer to my question in case others are looking:

US liquid gallon is legally defined as 231 cubic inches, and is equal to exactly 3.785411784 liters.

Imperial (UK) gallon was legally defined as 4.54609 liters.

I had not heard of the Imp standard, but now I know. And I'm still convinced that the fuel gauge is just reporting overly conservative and the tank is indeed closer to what it is advertised as. Nissan could probably be a little more forthcoming and transparent in their explanation for this.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 PM
2011 Juke

I got to a better mean of fuel calculation. Reset your distance counter and fuel consumption meter at the fuel station. distance times fuel consumption and you get the fuel used ... simple and correct!

Tags
2012, fuel, fwd, juke, size, tank